Quidditch Field Doings

After lesson, it was true that your next lesson was free, so Snape took advantage of this and kept you behind for longer than he ought to. So, as everyone packed up and headed out, you were forced to remain sitting in your seat, with Malfoy behind you also sitting and waving goodbye to his friends, frustrated with his requirement to stay. Only when the room had cleared out, he outstretched his arm towards you and gently pulled your hair from behind. You turned around and looked at him, only for him to flash you a wink with a grin, when Snape finally began.

"You two."

"Us two," Malfoy said.

"Yes, you two."

"Yes, us two," you said.

"Keep it between yourselves."

"Keep what between ourselves."

"Whatever it is that is going on between you."

"Nothing, Sir," Draco said, humour playing around in his voice. "I'd never lay a finger on Potter. Have you seen the state of her?"

"He's ugly." Was all you said, hoping it was convincing enough.

"Whatever it is, it's distracting you both. You both sit there, dazed, not listening. I've had enough of it. Sort it out."

"We will," the two of you huffed out in unison, accepting defeat and acknowledging that no matter what you said, you would simply not convince Snape of nothing happening.

"And, Potter, in our next Occlumency lesson ... I swear to Merlin ... if I ... "

"No Occlumency lessons." Draco quickly snapped. "No more. No more. No more."

"You don't get a say, Malfoy," Snape groaned.

"Believe me, you don't want to see what goes on in her mind," Draco grinned. "Especially not the stuff that has been going on over these past few days."

"Yes ... I've suspected that," Snape spoke slowly, turning away in disgust. "Well, we will have to find a way around it. Potter - if the Dark Lord gets a hold of your thoughts-"

"I know."

"Exactly."

"Snape," you began, slightly more nervous now that you remembered Voldemort, "will you be there this weekend?"

"Yes ... I will."

"What's happening this weekend?" Draco asked, leaning in closer on his desk so that he could be more involved in your conversation with Snape.

"Nothing for you to know."

"Don't get mouthy with me," he said, "or you'll pay."

"Don't be saying this stuff here," Snape begged, "get out and do it alone. I don't want to hear it."

"You got a free lesson?" Draco asked, gathering his stuff and standing up. You also did the same, and informed him that yes, you did have a free lesson. "Want to go somewhere?"

"Where?"

"Somewhere where we can be alone."

"Quidditch field?"

"Sounds good to me," he smirked, waiting for you to leave the class before him so that he could follow behind.

By walking behind, he felt responsibility. He felt protective. To have your short body trailing before him, him following in a protective manner and seeing over you; it made him feel caring and mindful of you, watching all over. And, a bonus was the way in which you looked behind at him with a gentle smile, looking over your shoulder, and him being able to look down at you and embrace the softness of your face whenever you looked up and behind at him.