A Kiss for Books

You understood Harry's hype about this book now. However, you were forced to hide away from him for the rest of the day as to avoid him finding you and snatching the book off you. And thus, you sat in the library, by your usual chair by the window, closely examining the contents of the textbook and the specific alterations made within it. They were so, so specific ... and so, so unusual. Yet, the handwriting appeared so familiar to you. You recognised it, though it seemed messier than what you typically recalled. As though written in a rush, or in someone's younger years.

"What do you mean no muggle books?" You heard the familiar voice of Draco Malfoy scoff from behind one of the bookshelves. Your head shot up at the sound of his voice, staring at the bookshelf behind which his voice came out. He persisted, "no, no ... it's a book like Prejudice ... Pride and Prejudice, I think? What do you mean you don't have it? My father will make sure you sort out your library! Don't test me! No - don't start! Yes - and a Christmas one. No, no - it was more like ... A Christmas Carol! Excuse me? Do you know who you're speaking to? This library is a pile of shit."

Suddenly, from around the bookshelf, Draco appeared and was searching through the books with a frown and somewhat angry expression. You smiled gently, looking at him softly, waiting for him to notice you. When he did, his expression softened lightly, but he did not come over. He chose to ignore you as he continued scanning the bookshelves.

"I know this library like the back of my hand. What are you searching for?" You asked delicately, your voice as smooth and alluring as ever, causing Draco's face to become flustered as he turned to you sheepishly.

"Nothing!" He scoffed, turning back to the bookshelf and examining it himself.

"What did you need Pride and Prejudice and A Christmas Carol for?" You tucked the book into the back of your trousers again, allowing your robe to cover it. You thus stood up from your seat and headed over to the bookshelf Draco Malfoy was inspecting, as you helped him look.

"What are you looking for?" He asked, the usual frustration and annoyance present in his voice, thought far more forced than a second ago. He had to work at masking his soft spot for you.

"I don't know. But you're looking for something, so I will help."

"Stupid," he scoffed, clicking his tongue.

"I fell in love with you, of course I am stupid."

Draco froze at hearing this. You said it so casually ... so normally. As though you did not know the pain that it caused him, to realise that you were walking into your own trap by feeling that way towards him. Nevertheless, he breathed deeply, brushing the thoughts out of his mind quickly, and continuing his search without continuing.

"Maybe," you continued, "if you told me what you wanted those books for ... I could give them to you."

He pondered. "You ... have them with you?"

"Of course. You saw me reading Pride and Prejudice in the Slytherin common room a while back, did you not?"

"Yes ... that's true." He paused, biting his lip as he debated. "Then ... may I," he groaned, "may I borrow them, Potter?"

"But first," you smiled, standing before him as he stood with his back against the bookshelves. You thus placed both your hands on the sides of his head, trapping him against the bookshelves with a smirk - something you would see in typical fan fiction, except you took the conventional position of the male. "I wish to know what you want them for."

He gulped, staring down at you. "Why are you interrogating me?"

"I want to know what my books will be used for."