Sneaking Around

One afternoon, you and your two best friends alongside your brother decided to head off to Hagrid's Hut to pay him a pleasant visit. He'd greeted you wholesomely, accepting you eagerly as he offered tea and biscuits, which you all gladly accepted.

"So how've yer all been dealin' with this Umbridge?"

"[F/n]'s had multiple detentions with her already, you know?" Hermione sighed, "but it's because [F/n] doesn't know how to keep her mouth shut."

"Slag," you mumbled.

"What?"

"Queen!" You smiled mockingly at Hermione, and all she did was push you away by your face as she shook her head, disapproving of your sarcasm.

"Well, that Umbridge ain't no good, I tell yer. How 'av yer scars been doin'?"

"Terrible." Harry sighed. "They're constantly itching or just generally irritated. Did you hear about the incidence where it hurt ... a lot?"

"Yer, I 'eard. [F/n], ain't yer been 'aving Occlumency lessons with Professor Snape?"

"Not recently, no. I've been very busy so he's given me a break for a while to focus on my studies. He knows they stress me out a lot."

"Yer, well, better safe than sorry, ain't it?" Hagrid laughed. "And 'as that Malfoy boy been pestering yer still?"

You cleared your throat as Harry spoke, "he's left us alone for a while, now. Although [F/n]'s befriended his best friend ... so she's been around him more often."

"That true, [F/n]?" Hagrid turned to you, surprised as he recalled all your past incidents with Draco and all the arguments.

"Well, yes. Blaise is really nice and caring, though."

"And [F/n] gave us a speech the other day about how we should forgive Malfoy," Harry laughed, mocking you.

"Forgive Malfoy!" Hagrid exclaimed. "Well, maybe she's right, yer know? Yer older now ... an' more mature."

"God forbid," Harry sighed, relaxing in his seat, "I'd rather choke on a Yorkshire pudding than forgive that cunt. I just think [F/n]'s being extra 'cause she wants to feel special," he laughed, "bit of a pick-me girl."

"Pick-me girl!" You exclaimed in shock. "Watch what you say, you dickhead."

"I don't think she's a pick-me at all," Hermione intervened, "do you even know the definition of one, Harry?"

"It's like a girl who wants approval from guys, right?"

"Well, yes ... but she'd have to have internalised misogyny for that and probably even degrade herself or other women to appeal to guys. [F/n] ... of all people ... does not care about guys' approval."

"She wants Malfoy's approval," Harry laughed, mocking you so harshly. "It's just so funny to me."

"Oh shut up, Harry, you're just searching for something to be a bitch about," you groaned, hitting his head.

"Don't hit me, dickhead," he pushed your arm away forcefully.

"Here we go again!" Ron sighed. "Hagrid, consider yourself lucky that you don't have to be there whenever they fight. They never know when to stop and they're both so rude and sarcastic to each other."

Hagrid could not help but laugh.

"Argh, fuck off, [F/n]!" Harry called out, pushing you away.

"Don't tell me to fuck off."

"You ugly bitch!"

"Oh shut up you dumb bastard!"

And thus, you'd stayed at Hagrid's Hut for a while longer, until it began to fall dark. You'd spent the evening in a pleasant manner; all laughing and giggling, drinking tea and eating biscuits. Hagrid also began to tell stories of his time at Hogwarts, and how he knew Tom Riddle.

"He's hot, right?" You intervened through a story.

"Who?"

"Tom Riddle!"

"[F/n]!" All your friends exclaimed in unison.

"No - I'm serious! If you'd guys seen him - which I did - when he was young, holy fuck! I would let that boy literally fuck my brains out."

"I didn't need to hear that," Harry wryly turned away.

"He has kind of curly hair and is very tall. Dark hair. Slim. Looks very ... organised."

"[F/n]'s right," Hagrid agreed. "That's exactly him."

"Imagine if he'd killed Ginny back then ... and come back to life looking like that. Fucking hell - Ginny should have taken one for the team," you grinned maniacally. "I'm not going to lie to you guys, I would probably be a Death Eater by now if he still looked like that. I would probably be with Voldemort - Tom Riddle, whatever you want to call him - getting railed to death by him somewhere in a bush before killing all of you."

"He'd kill you."

"Don't ruin my dreams, Harry."

That evening, when you returned to Hogwarts, you still had some time left before curfew, and therefore you headed to the Great Hall in which you sat with your friends, and soon enough, the Weasley twins and Ginny all joined you, creating a massive group. You all laughed, talked, and gossiped, and generally had a pleasant time, which only deteriorated the second Pansy Parkinson walked into the Great Hall with her friends and immediately strut over to your table.

"Potter," she huffed out snobbishly.

"Which one?" Harry grinned sarcastically, knowing very well who she meant.

"Funny joke," she rolled her eyes.

Sighing, you turned around in your seat to face her. "What?"

"Come with us, outside, for a second."

"What for?"

"To talk."

"About?"

"Private stuff."

"I ain't got private stuff to talk about with you," and you thus turned back around to the table with your friends, who were now giggling at your brusque attitude to the girl.

"Fine then." She scoffed. "I guess I'll just say it here."

Everyone in your friendship group now carefully stared at her, watching her intently, ready for what she was about to say. You, however, continued looking ahead of yourself, not batting an eye at her words, for you knew there was nothing she could possibly say that would trigger or interest you.

"Have you been sneaking around with Draco?"

Never mind.