No Acknowledgement

Upon arriving at Grimmauld Place, you could not help but stare at the building in awe, remembering the very first time you sought it out; the manner in which Sirius opened the door, looked at you, pulled you in and happily greeted you. You remembered the very joy you felt in that moment - the pumping of your own heart, the explicit feeling of excitement and safety. It all rushed back through you, only now overtaken by an inexorable suffering, stringing tears down your freezing cheeks. Draco also gazed at the building, surprised to see its magic tendencies, and for a moment, you all stood there in silence simply gaping at the house of Sirius Black. The man who was dead.

"Come on," Hermione finally whispered out, afraid to break the hurting silence of all the mourners gazing at the building. You all did, nevertheless, listen to her.

The building was thus approached and everyone walked in one-by-one, with you almost at the back. You wished to be in the far back, behind everyone, to express the desolate feelings of your heart, but Draco would not allow you. He had to be behind you, he had to see you walk safely before him, and thus you were almost at the back, with your supposed guardian angel being stubborn and remaining behind you on the look out. The place was already filled with sobs and a mourning silence in the dining hall in the far end - there were the members of the Order, sitting around the table, staring ahead of themselves in horror.

Upon walking in, all eyes turned to all of you and everyone budged up to give room for the rest of you to sit at. Draco sat down beside you, and Blaise sat down beside Ginny; for the rest of the night, those boys did not leave the sides of you girls.

"Harry, [F/n]," Lupin began in a sombre tone, but was quickly cut off by Harry.

"Let's not talk about it."

"You can't avoid the topic," Moody added.

"I'm not avoiding it," Harry continued, "but I'm not ready to face it just yet."

"Alright ... are any of you hungry?" Tonks asked, forcing a gentle smile in an attempt to comfort.

"Yes," all of you students said out loud in unison.

"I'll go make sandwiches," she quickly got up from her chair, leaving Lupin's side, and crossed the room to reach the kitchen as quickly as possible. The dining hall remained silent. No one dared to speak a word. And finally, gentle sobs could be heard from the kitchen, as Tonks proceeded to cry and express her mourning. No one batted an eye at it. Internally, you were all doing the same. Internally, you were all screaming and wrecking yourselves, but the most you could do on the outside was stare in horror at the terrific realisation of Sirius' absence.

Soon enough, Tonks returned with two plates full of sandwiches. Her eyes were smothered in a painful red, filled with tears of agony. She placed the plates down in the middle of the table, but no adults dared to move. Only you students of Hogwarts reached your hands out to the sandwiches, eating them carefully after the tiring day. Even you forced down a sandwich, despite refusing the feeling of hunger. You knew you had to eat, for you felt weak and sick, but it was not in your favour to feel the flavour.

"I believe it won't be an issue for you to stay here a couple of days," Lupin said, "I'll make sure you can, if you want to."

"I don't want to go back to school," you said, "not now, anyway."

"We'll all stay," Hermione added. "Well ... maybe all," she flashed Blaise and Draco a bitter look.

"We can stay," Blaise beamed.

"They'll behave," Ginny added.

Eventually, everyone had turned to a room in which they locked themselves in to mourn the death of Sirius Black properly. No one left their room, no one spoke to another person, and the whole house kept a quiet atmosphere of withering pain. Upon walking into your room, you remembered the very time Sirius showed you around it, and told you of your father. Your heart began to sting of a wretched pain and you sat down on your bed, staring at the empty room before you. Draco wandered into your room, following you, and closed the door behind himself. For the next few days, he was bound to you. His disliking of your friends, and their disliking of him, gave him the serene opportunity to stick by you, as he thus approached you on the bed and sat down beside you, also looking ahead of himself. Slowly, he reached out his hand to yours before intertwining his fingers within yours. You did not need to look at him to hold his hand back, squeezing it tightly in comfort.