It's Just a Bath, I Swear

Before you headed into the bath, you flipped your hair down, grabbing it in one scoop, before lifting your head back up and tying your hair up in a single, high ponytail, which Malfoy watched you do intently. Exposing your neck to him was very much enough for a boy like him to gulp, his throat clenched, aware of how much of your skin he was seeing. And he could not help wondering, 'had Cedric seen this much of her?', and he strongly hoped he did not, and that he was the first to. But, was this true? No - you and Cedric had dated for a long time, and he assumed that he was not the first to see.

"Why're you," he paused, taking a big gulp as he watched you, "why're you putting your hair up?"

"To not get it wet?" You said, as though it were obvious, but he merely shook his head and quickly turned away, having to internally battle his own thoughts.

With this, Malfoy stood at the side of the little steps to get into the bath, since it was so high. You turned to him, but he gestured for you to go on first, and he offered his hand to help you walk up the stairs. It was no challenge to walk up them indeed, but you smiled faintly and took his hand anyway, as he directed you upwards and helped you on the stairs, holding your hand like a princess. You finally stepped into the warm, bubbly water, and you indulged into it as you headed over to the opposite side of the bath, so that you and Malfoy could be away from each other. After you'd gotten in and moved away, he also stepped inside and sat down, the water covering him up to just below his shoulders. And thank God for that, indeed! The boy had a splendid body, and a teenager like you felt compelled to look at it, but that would have attracted vulnerability, and so you were left battling with the desire to look at his muscles, and elsewhere.

"Pass the egg," you said to him, as the egg was beside him. He thus reached over to the side and grabbed the egg, outstretching his arm to you with the egg. You moved a little forward, due to your short arms, and grabbed the egg off him, before sitting back in your spot, opposite Malfoy. "Now what?"

"Open it."

You did as you were told, but to no avail; the screaming of the egg proceeded, and you quickly slammed it shut.

"Horrible sound."

"No shit," you rolled your eyes. "Cedric mentioned something about the water."

"Uh," Draco looked around. "Wait, pass it over."

You did so, and he grabbed the egg off you. You waited to see what he was about to do, and finally, he took a deep breath, held it in his lungs, and then dived down under water with the egg. You raised your eyebrow, and waited for him to come back up, and when he finally did, his hair dropped over his forehead messily, dripping with water, and you felt yourself physically bite your tongue to avoid any unnecessary words or thoughts.

"Come here," he said. "Putting your hair up was pointless."

"Why?" You asked, going over to him, and sitting beside him.

"Take a deep breath, Potter."

Now you understood. Underwater. With a deep breath, the two of you sunk down under water with the egg, and Draco thus opened it.

Come seek us where our voices sound,
We cannot sing above the ground,
And while you're searching ponder this;
We've taken what you'll sorely miss,
An hour long you'll have to look,
And to recover what we took,
But past an hour, the prospect's black,
Too late, it's gone, it won't come back.

As the song sang, you and Draco looked at each other under the water, both of you with your hair flowing through the water. Mid-listening, the joy you felt from finally figuring out the clue caused you to smile brightly. Draco smiled back at this, and then the two of you rose back into oxygen, taking deep breaths.