Don't Know Half Of It

Everyone in your friendship group now carefully stared at her, watching her intently, ready for what she was about to say. You, however, continued looking ahead of yourself, not batting an eye at her words, for you knew there was nothing she could possibly say that would trigger or interest you.

"Have you been sneaking around with Draco?"

Never mind.

You felt your body freeze immediately, horrified at her suggestion. Your face had suddenly been drained of all colour and, for a moment, you felt yourself fall faint as your ears began to ring. On the side, Ginny's expression was the exact same, as she stared at Pansy with a face of horror and disbelief. After a second, when you'd quickly recovered - despite going through fifty million cognitive processes at once - you cleared your throat, reclaimed your control, and turned Pansy with a ridiculous laugh.

"What the fuck?" You cried out in laughter.

"You heard me."

"Yeah, I did, and it's the dumbest shit I've ever heard."

Ginny slightly relaxed now as she saw your approach to the situation. From her perspective, your lies seemed believable. You reacted in a sarcastic, mocking way - something that [F/n] Potter would exactly do. You didn't get too defensive - this was also a good sign, and thus Ginny quietly exhaled of relief.

"Then tell me why Ana said she saw the two of you creeping around together earlier? Huh?"

"Alright, first of all," you sighed, turning in your seat completely as you faced her with an exasperated and ridiculous look, "even if I was, that would have nothing to do with you. Second of all, we were both looking for Blaise earlier."

Ginny relaxed completely now. "Yes, [F/n]," she whispered to herself victoriously.

"Well, if something was happening ... of course it'd have something to do with me!" She turned her head to the side snobbishly, avoiding eye contact with you as she held back her embarrassment from being proved wrong. The redness on her face only got worse when she heard all your friends snickering quietly to each other, staring at her wryly.

"It really would not."

She opened her mouth to speak, but was immediately interrupted by the presence of Draco and Blaise. Draco stood at the side of the scene, as Blaise took control and entered the conversation with a mocking grin and an energetic approach.

"What's going on here then?" He laughed, wrapping his arm around Pansy's shoulder mockingly.

"Fuck off, Blaise," she immediately threw his arm off herself.

"Alright, Parkinson, keep it calm."

And with this, she rolled her eyes and set off with her friends, scoffing on the way and refusing to turn back from embarrassment.

"The hell happened?" Blaise laughed, turning to you. "We walk in and see her starting on you. Does that girl ever leave off?"

"She really doesn't." You rolled your eyes.

"What did she want?"

"She asked if I've been sneaking about with Malfoy?"

Blaise cleared his throat to repress his laugh as he noticed the attention on him from all your friends, and your brother. "Sneaking around with Malfoy!" He exclaimed, a forced state of shock. "I've never heard anything so ridiculous."

"Exactly," you sighed. You were a much better liar than Blaise, nonetheless.

"Wait, she asked what?" Draco asked, coming closer to the scene.