Yeah, Well, Priorities

Sitting in the Gryffindor common room on the sofa before the fireplace, you were wrapped up in blankets, with tea in your hand. Around you was Cedric's arm, as all your other friends sat around and listened closely, asking you and Cedric questions about what had happened.

"You're crazy," Hermione shook her head. "I mean, I'm glad Cedric's alive, but [F/n], you could have died too."

"Yeah, well, priorities." You shrugged, acknowledging the impulsiveness of the decision to jump before Cedric when the killing curse was cast on him. You did not regret it; not a single bit. It resulted in the two of you exiting the tournament, both alive, and so you believed it was truly worth it.

"If he's back, then who knows how long it'll be before he attacks us? And Hogwarts?" Harry said nervously, sitting beside you.

"He doesn't seem to be at full power. And he also has no army, just yet. He ended up killing half of the ones there. I think it'll be a while before he fully attacks. He needs to power up and build himself another army, and that's bound to take sometime, you know?"

"So, what now?" Ron asked.

"Now," Harry sighed, "it looks like it's time to start preparing for the worst."

The door to the common room opened, and through it walked in Ginny, with Malfoy following behind her, looking somewhat nervous and uncertain. All the Gryffindors immediately turned defensive, as though an enemy had walked onto their land, and Hermione even stood up ready to act.

"What're you doing here?" Harry asked.

"Ginny? Did you let him in?" Hermione furrowed her brows.

"He asked me to let him in. He was sitting out there. He didn't know the password, and wanted to come in." Ginny said gently, looking at you. She thus headed over to you, moved Harry up on the sofa and sat down beside you, wrapping her arms around you, before leaning in and whispering, "he's here for you."

"What do you want, Malfoy?" Harry groaned. "We haven't got time for you right now."

"Can I speak to [F/n]?"

You turned to him, slightly taken aback. His wish to speak to you appeared so sudden, and it immediately caused your heart to pause for a moment. You hadn't really spoken to him in months, ever since you started avoiding him, thus his wish of speaking with you seemed unusual and out of place.

"She's got other things to worry about than speaking to you, Malfoy," Hermione said in a defensive manner.

"Yeah, leave her alone," Ron added.

Draco looked at you.

"Yeah, alright," you said, lifting yourself up and taking the blankets off yourself. You placed the tea on the table, and then wrapped the blanket over Cedric instead, flashing him a smile.

"Don't be too long, alright?" He said, taking a hold of your hand.

"I won't be." You headed to Draco, who was now exiting the common room, with you following behind. When you were finally out, the door closed, leaving the two of you out and alone by the staircases. "Talk here or somewhere else?"

"Wherever is more comfortable," he added quietly.

"Well, it'd be awkward to stand here," you said, also quietly. You felt nervous to speak to him; it was almost like you were strangers, and all those moments that passed between you were a figure of your imagination, rather than memories. "A walk?"

"Sounds good," he nodded, and the two of you set off on a walk. Walking down the staircase, he allowed you to go first, meaning you led which way you were to go. You walked on in silence for a while longer, for you had not spoken in a long time, and for a moment it seemed like you were walking with a stranger. Draco finally broke the silence, "it's been a while, huh?"