Snape's Jinxes

With your knees up against your chest and your head resting on the tip of your knees, you stared at the grass before you. You hugged your knees tighter, sitting on the cold ground beneath the tree in the Hogwarts courtyard, as Blaise sat cross-legged beside you and picked at the grass, pulling it out and dropping it immediately after.

"He was saying how Hogwarts is a poor excuse of a school ... and that no good stuff ever happens here, and how he can't wait to get it over and done with. And ... he also didn't leave the train with us so - "

"I know."

"You know?"

"Yes," you nodded sadly. "He went and broke Harry's nose and spat in his face about our dead mother."

"He what?" Blaise widened his eyes, staring in disbelief. "[F/n], I'm so sorry for him - "

"Don't apologise for him." You sighed, looking up at Blaise. "Blaise, you don't understand. I ... I'm in love with that boy, so so much."

Blaise sighed warily, looking down, "Ginny told me everything. When we were on the train ... Draco said how he can't wait to get away from all the students here ... with no exceptions."

"Of course he did," you rolled your eyes. "He has some sort of fucking problem, and he's lashing out on the entire world."

"What could've happened, though?" Blaise asked, rubbing his face. "I'm worried about him. I want my best friend back."

"Your best friend is still here," you scoffed, "he's just become an angsty teenager. And I'll find out why."

The next morning, at breakfast, you sat with the Gryffindors. Unfortunately, the table this year was empty of Fred and George due to their dropping out of school and opening their own shop in Diagon Alley. You thought it very nice of them, and hoped to visit the shop soon. Nevertheless, for now, you had more important matters to digest. Staring ahead of yourself at the Slytherin table, you caught sight of Draco, who did not touch his food at all, or speak. Upon his face was a desolate expression of melancholy, which only reflected itself in your eyes as you mimicked his sadness unconsciously.

"Hey, you okay?" Hermione asked, noticing the tears in your eyes.

"Huh?" You turned to her. "Yes, I'm okay."

Oh, Draco. The Draco you fell in love with; those Slytherin robes lying so perfectly on him, that expression of solitude. His blonde hair was styled to the side, much shorter, and you could not help but fall for his looks just as much as him as a person. There was absolutely nothing that repulsed you - everything about that boy drew you closer, and it almost became an obsession. One which you did not know how to contain. Thus, continuing your stare at him, you felt your own heart be pierced just to see the depth of his hurting. Please, let me soothe your tears and whatever pains you.

The first lesson was DADA, and, to your surprise, Snape walked into the classroom. Your eyes widened at this - his dream had come true! But then, who was the Potions teacher? Nevertheless, your eyes watched Snape intently as you all stood around the teacher's desk, with no desks in the classroom itself due to its physical requirements.

"Jinxes!" Snape called out immediately, stepping into the classroom and heading for his desk.

"What are you doing here?" You blurted out through the crowd, causing all the students to turn to you. Including Draco.

"Excuse me, Potter?" Snape lowered his eyes.

"What? Huh? I didn't say anything."

"Be quiet."