Not a Date

"Hold on," Ginny said, grinning as she fixed the back of your hair. "Yes, definitely have it like that."

"Are you sure?"

"A hundred percent," Ginny said, looking at you from the front and styling your hair. "You sure you don't want makeup? Come on, a little bit of mascara! He'll spiral!"

"Well, alright then," you grinned, giving Ginny permission to put some mascara on you.

"Gorgeous! Alright, which skirt do you want to try on?" She asked, lifting up two different skirts of her own, as you did not have any of yours. "I've got some more, but it depends if you want tight or pleated. I think he's the type to like pleated, don't you think?"

"He definitely is. Pleated it is."

"Alright, so plaid ... but what colours?" She asked, revealing her multiple pleated, plaid skirts of different colours.

"I don't know! I'm not very good at fashion."

"I think black would suit you," she said, lifting it up against you. "Yes! This one. For once, you won't be covered in that horrible green and silver."

You laughed with Ginny as you put the skirt on. Under the skirt you wore knee-high socks, which you normally wore for school anyway, and you did not own any tights as you didn't own skirts, so the only accompaniment to a skirt were the socks you wore with the school skirt.

"Black turtle neck." Ginny instructed immediately, handing you the black turtle neck. It was a tight, wooly turtle neck, and when you put it on, Ginny could not help but squeal from excitement. "Oh, [F/n]! If he doesn't fall in love with you after this ... he's stupid!"

"Fall in love!" You cried out. "Don't say such absurd things."

"Oh, please! You always wear black, and it suits you so well! I wonder what he will wear." Ginny paused, deep in thought. Suddenly, she opened her mini-wardrobe and looked inside, and suddenly a huge grin showed up on her face.

"What is it?"

"Nothing." She said, slamming the wardrobe. "Now - let's get you a jacket. It's quite cold."

"The clouds are looking very white, aren't they? Snow kind of white ... hopefully it snows."

"I was thinking that as well. Let's not get our hopes up, though." Ginny said. "Do you know where you're going to go?"

"No ... actually. Now I'm nervous. What if it just ends up awkward? What if we have nothing to say to each other? Oh my God ... it seems like I've asked him out on a date! That's so embarrassing. Ginny, how do I clarify it's not a date!? Fuck sake, [F/n], stupid bitch."

"Hey, hey!" Ginny stopped you, holding in her own laughter, as she took a hold of your shoulders and looked at you intently, "listen to yourself - you're panicking. Just be the usual [F/n] ... the [F/n] who doesn't care and is never awkward. But at the same time, don't be afraid to be a little vulnerable."

"A little vulnerable!?"

"Calm down! Calm down! I didn't mean it like that! Stop panicking! It's just Draco Malfoy ... just Draco Malfoy."

"Just Draco Malfoy ... just Draco Malfoy." You repeated, controlling your breathing. "God, why am I even nervous? I'd never have cared before."

Ginny let go of your shoulders and proceeded to laugh, watching you. "Hey - you once worn that pea coat, didn't you? Do you still have that? It'd look really good with this skirt and top. Very professional and cute."

"Does it seem like I'm trying too hard?"

"You're not trying hard enough, you sexy beast," Ginny grinned, tucking both strands of your hair behind both your ears. "Now let's go to the Slytherin room and find you your pea coat. We have to make sure Malfoy isn't around, so it doesn't ruin the surprise. I'll go first and you follow behind."