She's Everywhere

Walking through the halls, he groaned at the sight of all the Gryffindors beaming with joy. Everyone was enjoying the snow, even some of the Slytherins, and this was not particularly a sight he cared about, but a specific friendship group in the snow frustrated him most of all. Why? He did not know. Perhaps it was the fact that he was not a part of it; or perhaps it was that someone else was making a particular girl laugh. Well, who knew? Not him, that's for sure. Sighing and taking a seat in the Great Hall, he began to listen to a conversation behind him, from the Gryffindor table, and it went as so:

"[F/n] says she's horrified for the next task."

"Why? She did so well on the first one."

"She can't figure out what the second task is about, and there's only two months left."

"What if she doesn't figure it out?"

"Apparently she'll be at a huge disadvantage - could even die! They say that you need to know the clue to actually get through the task. If you don't, you're screwed."

"Do you think she'll figure it out?"

"Well, I don't know. Harry is getting worried for her too."

"And Cedric?"

"I don't know. Actually, speaking of, Cedric's been looking for [F/n] everywhere all day yesterday and today. Someone said that she's avoiding him, possibly."

"What? No way, surely not! They said they love each other to each other."

At this, he turned away and shut his ears, refusing to listen anymore. As much as curiosity was eating him up, to keep listening, he could not allow himself. [F/n] and Cedric had said they love each other? He could not rid himself of the thought that she was stupid for doing such a thing. It was him who she was sneaking off with, it was him who she was looking at with those puppy, vulnerable eyes whenever he looked upon her in such a manner. Indeed! So why was she to say she loves someone else? He knew that Cedric did not make her feel the very way he was capable of; so, why did he get the pleasure of those three words?

'Of course it's not like I care,' he told himself internally, rolling his eyes with a scoff before making his way up and out of the Great Hall, escaping the chatter of [F/n] to get her off his mind. No, he was trying to get away from those thoughts as far as possible. Thus, he entered the Slytherin common room - a place [F/n] was only in during late hours, and it was only late afternoon, meaning he was bound to be free of those thoughts. He thus sat down on one of the sofas. Yet, from a seat behind, were sitting a group of three male Slytherins, and he was cursed with hearing her name escape their lips. Again.

"[F/n] Potter? No way!"

"Oh come on!" One of them laughed.

"Okay, okay, I see it. I would too."

"Yeah, exactly!"

"Something about her, isn't it?"

"Definitely. She's actually quite hot too, you know? But looks aside, fuck, she's just so, what's the word?"

"Like, she knows what she wants."

"Yes!"

He groaned and stood up, leaving the Slytherin common room at once. He was not going to stand around her name any longer; he'd had enough of seeing, hearing, thinking of her. This was enough. As a last resort, he sighed and headed to Snape's office, a place in which Snape was most likely sitting, for these were his hours.

"She's everywhere!" He called out, bursting into Snape's office. "[F/n] this, [F/n] that!"

Awkward was the matter when his eyes met both Snape's, and yours.

You cleared your throat, looking at him, as you sat in front of Snape, clearly mid-conversation. He, however, only furrowed his brows further at you.

"You're a fucking psycho! A stalker! Everywhere!" He finally burst out, one final time, before turning in his heel and quickly making his way out of the office, away from office - as far as possible. In fact, in a mode of panic, he quickly headed into the library. Not a usual place for him, not the kind of atmosphere he eased himself into. It was already dark outside, so he'd assumed most people were gone and thus no one would see him in there. And indeed, he was right.

An empty library it was, except a single body sitting in a seat at the end of the hall, which looked at him and he thus made eye contact with the individual, discovering for it to be Ginny Weasley, who was reading a book. Her attention fell directly on him, and she tensed up immediately at the sight of him.

"A Weasley, of course," he scoffed.

"Oh, shut it, Malfoy."

"Who do you think you're talking to?" He asked angrily, making his way down the corridor. "I can't believe a Weasley just spoke back like that," he laughed mockingly.

"Oh, give it up. Your princess [F/n] can't see you here, you don't have to spread your feathers."

"Excuse me?"

Ginny smirked, standing up from her seat.

"She can't see you here, you don't have to act tough."

"Act tough? I'm not acting tough!"

"Sure you're not! I bet you were enjoying staring at [F/n] in such a way back in the courtyard earlier today! When you were with Pansy! Yeah - I saw it all! The way you looked at her! Oh, admit it, Malfoy!"

"Admit what?"

"Why are you in the library anyway, huh?" Ginny asked, stepping forward in an intrusive manner. "Why at this time? Could it be - possibly - that you're avoiding her? Well you should know that a library is not the place to do it! She likes to read!"

"She likes to read? I've never seen her read, I think," Malfoy whispered, half dazed again.

"See! Dazed! Out of the entire paragraph I just said, you picked up on a fact about her!"

"Oh, jog on you poor, ginger brat!"

Ginny could not hold back laughter as she pranced away, her book in hand. He could only now turn and watch Ginny leave, with her words dancing around in his mind.

Well, he never knew [F/n] - you - liked to read. And now, he felt the need to find out what you liked to read. How was he to find out though?