Off All Day

"Silence." Snape instructed, walking into the room. As he stood at the front of the class, he eyed all the students and, when he reached you, his eyes stopped. "Potter. Up here."

"What?" You blurted out, looking up at him. This is why the idea of a lesson with Snape pained you, after what happened with Draco, because you knew something was bound to happen which would force his attention on you.

"Up here. Can you not understand English?"

"No."

"Now."

"Fuck sake," you whispered, lifting yourself up. You were [F/n] Potter, the ever so great woman who had everything under control, who took nothing seriously, who felt no embarrassment, shame or fear, and never judged character by wealth, race, ethnicity, age, or anything else: but by the conduct of their character. [F/n] Potter - the mighty girl who stood for what she felt was right, with ultimate confidence, with little show of vulnerability or fear. And yet, standing up at the front of the class now, knowing that Malfoy's eyes were on you, after he made you so vulnerable, so exposed, so submissive last night - it made you crumble. It went against your entire character. For the first time, you felt horrific embarrassment and fear. You were the person who was far from awkward, and yet, there you stood, your hands clasped together before yourself like a nun, staring ahead in fear that, if you let your eyes wander, they would fall to Malfoy.

"Name five ingredients for the Invigoration Draught."

"For the what?" You turned to Snape, scrunching your face in confusion.

"Invigoration Draught. We did this last week."

"Right," you paused, thinking. You could not back out now: you could not embarrass yourself in front of Draco. You were smart, that was certain, you got top grades, good scores. Everyone knew that you were the one who could absorb information quickly. And yet, here you stood, staring ahead of yourself, feeling sweat prickle upon your forehead. "I want to fucking die," you whispered, biting your lip. "I'm clueless," you turned to Snape again.

"And why is that?"

"I can't think."

"Why not?"

"I'm not here mentally."

"Why?"

"Because I'm just not."

"What's on your mind, Potter?"

Draco's body, really.

"Nothing."

"What could be so important that it interferes with your learning of my lesson?"

The manner in which Draco gripped your wrists. The faint bruises around your wrists of his fingertips which he dug in so forcefully. Yes, they were important enough, because they reminded you that it was no dream, and that every moment of it was worthwhile. Seeing them, feeling them, brought back every memory of last night and Draco's, surprising, abilities.

"It's," you gulped, retracing your head back to the Room of Requirement. "It's just ... "

Draco released a cough again, covering his laughter which he could no longer hold in.

"Something funny, Malfoy?" Snape asked.

"Nothing, Sir," he quickly said, a faint smirk upon his lips.

"My gran died last night. That's why." You said quickly, holding back tears from embarrassment.

"Your gran ... died ... last night?" Snape asked slowly, testing you, looking at you with lowered eyes. "Sit, Potter. You're no good."

"Bully," you whispered, taking a seat again.

For the rest of the lessons with Draco, you felt the desire to cry. Everything you did felt embarrassing, and it felt as though he watched and judged your every move. He'd seen you naked! What a thought! Draco Malfoy seeing you naked! Whenever you thought of it, you covered your face with your hands, even if it were in the middle of a lesson. During Charms, you sat, dazed the entire lesson. All you could think of was Draco and last night's occurrences, obviously, but then you processed the fact that that very boy was in the same class as you right now, and you had to see him everyday, and he was everywhere, after seeing you naked and in your most vulnerable moments.

For him, watching you was the most entertaining part of existence. Whenever you sat, silent, your eyes fixed on one specific spot - it was obvious you were deep in thought, and he knew exactly what played on your mind. He had control over you, for the first time in years. Finally, he was more on your mind than you on his. That's not to say that you were not on his mind, however. The boy too found himself dazed often, having to control his breathing, especially when he sat in his seat and watched you be awkward, horrified, and thinking about him. That's when he watched you, his mind wandering.

And then came dinner. You were, unfortunately, late to it, due to being held up by Snape who told you about the necessity of another Occlumency lesson. Walking into the Great Hall was not your proudest moment as, in the very same way you read in those fan-fiction stories, or simply very cliche stories, upon entering the Great Hall your legs failed you. Tripping on your own legs, your body fell forwards. The only thing preventing you from slamming your face into the floor was the quick response of your arms which held your upper body up.

Some students laughed, some didn't realise, but Draco definitely saw. Pursing your lips, you felt tears tremble in the back of your eyes again. Normal [F/n] would have stuck her middle finger up at those laughing, continued walking, not cared. No-virginity-[F/n], however, trotted to her place at the Gryffindor table quickly, her head down, holding back tears.

"Are you alright, [F/n]?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah," you said, not wanting to say too much in case you began to cry. "I'm fine."

"You've been off all day," Harry said, "acting all weird."

"I haven't," you protested, clearing your throat.

"If you say so."