First Task

Barty Crouch was standing in the tent with you and the other three contestants, holding a small bag. Everyone had uniforms of their own school, whereas Cedric had one of a yellow colour with the sign of a badger, whilst you had a green one with the sign of a snake. Yes - you were a Slytherin. Whilst you were never happy about it, you'd learned to be a proud Slytherin, and thus you wore the connotations cunning and ambition proudly. Indeed - that was it! You were to remember who you, [F/n], were. A proud Slytherin with all those traits. And thus, you were not going to allow yourself to die. Not today, not tomorrow, not anytime soon. That was who [F/n] Potter was. To survive Voldemort, but not a Triwizard Tournament? Pathetic.

"Come around, come around," Barty Crouch called you contestants over. "Inside this bag are the dragons you are going to get. The aim of the task is to get the golden egg, which will be protected by the dragon."

"And if we don't get the egg?" Fleur asked.

"Then you won't do very well in the second task. The egg contains the clue for your next task."

"[F/n]," Mad-Eyed Moody said, putting his hand on your shoulder, "you've got this."

"Of course," you said, smirking.

First Cedric put his hand in, then Fleur, then Viktor, and then it was time for you. Putting your hand in, you felt the little dragon bite you. With a groan, you pulled it out.

"The Hungarian Horntail," Barty pursed his lips. "You are surrounded by bad luck, [F/n]," he smiled.

"I'd be too powerful if I wasn't," you grinned.

"Alright, is everyone ready?"

You and Cedric turned to each other before hugging each other tightly and engaging in a kiss together.

"You can do this, Cedric," you said, holding his face so that it was facing down onto you. "You do. I know you do."

"[F/n]," Cedric pursed his lips. "I love you, alright?"

You paused for a moment, staring at him in disbelief at his words. Not quite comprehending what he'd said, you stared for a while longer, frozen. But time was running out, and Cedric did not have time for your unresponsiveness.

"[F/n]?" He asked, yet you could not find the voice within you to answer to him. "I'm sorry, I'll talk to you after. Calm yourself." With this, he planted a kiss on your forehead before setting off, and only when he'd gone did you realise what just happened.

"Are you okay, [F/n]?" Fleur asked, walking over to you.

"Cedric just told me he loves me," you said in shock.

"That's good!" She beamed. "It is good, isn't it?"

"I," you paused, "I don't know." At this, your mind was flooded with images of Draco Malfoy and all the instances in which you and him were too close for your own good. Or smelling his cologne in the potion. Or allowing him to hold you in such a manner. Or worrying about him, occasionally. Were you even worthy of those words from someone like Cedric? You pursed your lips and breathed, emptying your mind of any rational thoughts as you forced a smile. "Yes, it's good. It's good. I love him too. I do."

"I'm so happy for you!" She smiled, pulling you in for a hug which you hastily reciprocated. "Hopefully this will help you in the task."

"Yes, hopefully," you said with the thought of Malfoy again. Was he in the audience? Yes, he probably was. And, in fact, he was probably cheering you on since you represented Slytherin. Was he going to be cheering your name? It was an exciting idea, to think of Malfoy cheering your name and smiling when you succeeded. Yes, you wanted that. You wanted him to do that. The idea of him doing so only motivated you to do well; to win. To make him proud, even.