Ron's Heart Attack

That day with Adrian, you could not help but feel uneasy with constant reminders of Draco springing in your mind. It was the manner in which he was willing to collide with the ground to keep you safe, tucked away in his chest. If he was brave enough to injure himself for you, why was he not brave enough to trust you? Tell you what was locking him away? Unfortunately, Adrian noticed your constant trailing thoughts, as you would stare ahead of yourself in silence, not talk for extensive periods of time, but he did not say anything. Sooner or later, you'd both returned to Hogwarts, having shared some laughs, after which he smiled earnestly to see you turn and leave towards the Gryffindor common room where you told him you had business to attend to. Upon arriving in the Gryffindor Tower, you bumped into Lavender Brown as she was exiting it with a smile, causing you to raise your eyebrow in confusion. She, however, simply beamed happily as she rushed past, leaving you to watch her leave in confusion. And, when you entered the common room, you found Ron sitting in front of the fireplace, looking somewhat dazed but largely unsatisfied.

"You good, cunt?" You asked with a grin, smacking the back of Ron's head as you crossed past him on the sofa, heading to the other side to sit beside him. You flopped yourself down in a relaxed manner, sideways so that you could see Ron.

"I'm good, but are you good?" He smiled. "You look like you've just come out of a crying fit."

"Ouch," you grinned, "didn't cry this time. Though I do feel like shit."

"Why? You seem to have been very stressed recently."

"Yes, well, I can let you in on a secret."

"Go on."

"I hate boys. Men. Males. Whatever you lot are."

"Damn," he laughed, "but why? What'd we do to you? Last I remember, you and your boyfriend broke up like a year ago. Still not over that?"

"Was over that a long time ago," you said, huffing.

"Then?"

"Just ... other boys."

"Wait," Ron paused, "you're mingling with someone? In secret? What the fuck, [F/n] Potter?"

"Shut up," you sighed, tilting your head back over the sofa and staring at the ceiling, "I haven't been mingling with anyone ... I don't like anyone, or anything. It's just a boy has pissed me off."

At this, Hermione entered the common room. She smiled immediately at the sight of you and Ron, and the moment Ron noticed her, he immediately turned to her and called out.

"Hermione! [F/n]'s been mingling with someone!"

Hermione's face dropped. In surprise, she turned to you with a confused expression.

"Wait," she began, "you told him about Malfoy?"

Oh, the manner in which Ron's eyes darted at you! Your own eyes shot open, lifting yourself up in your seat, frozen in alert, both you and Ron. Hermione, realising what she'd done, also froze, pursing her lips and covering her mouth quickly. Ron, on the other hand, filled himself with a mixture of surprise, fury and confusion, staring at you in a horrific manner as though you'd just killed his family.

"Told me what about Malfoy?"

"Nothing!" You cried out.

"I didn't mean ... !"

"[F/n]'s been mingling with Malfoy in secret!?" Ron screamed out, eyes darting back and forth from you and Hermione, who shook your heads vigorously as though the more energy you put into the head shake, the more convincing it was.