Couldn't Wait

"Alright Potter, it's been months. I would like to hope that you have gained some sufficient experience and self-control to battle the spell." Snape said, aggressively pulling up his sleeves as he stared at you intently, squirming in your chair. "I understand you have practiced, yes?"

"Here's the thing, mate," you began.

"I'm not your mate."

"Alright, Professor, same thing, whatever. The point is ... is there any way you can miss out certain parts of my memory?" You pursed your lips, in hopes that he would say yes.

"The way to do that is through Occlumency. Block me out."

"No - you don't understand."

"Block me out, Potter, or I will be forced to see all your personal matters."

"Snape, I'm serious - " you spoke faster, as you noticed Snape grab his wand and prepare. "Like dead serious - Snape!"

"Legilimens!" He called out, his wand aimed at you.

Your parents, Draco drinking your soup in the Hospital Wing, a meeting of the Order of the Phoenix, kissing Cedric, Hogsmeade with Ginny. It was all fine. Snape saw it all - Snape heard it all. Nothing out of the ordinary, of course, up until the horrifying moment that your moment with Ginny in Hogsmeade disappeared, and in its place appeared the very memory of you and Draco in the Prefects' bathroom on that fine evening, in which Draco was angry at your flirting with Blaise and reciting Romeo and Juliet. Snape was, unfortunately, very cursed to witness Draco use his hand as your necklace and his other hand trailing along your body, as his lips remained against yours forcefully.

This memory was enough motivation to inspire your self-control. With a scream, Snape felt himself be pushed out of your memories, losing balance and slightly falling back as he grabbed onto the table behind himself. Successfully, you had pushed Snape out of your thoughts.

"I," Snape began, gulping down a chunk of saliva and trying to find the right words to use. It took him a moment. "Well done ... on succeeding."

Your eyes widened themselves as you sat on edge on the chair, staring at a nearby wall and refusing to look at Snape from embarrassment and shame. He, too, refused to look at you at all costs, and stared at the opposite wall.

"Since you succeeded ... you're free to go," he cleared his throat, quickly, frozen in his position and refusing to bat an eye.

"Thank you." You quickly said, rising off your chair and charging out of the room, escaping the awkward presence of Snape at all costs. "Holy shit," you finally muttered to yourself the second you were out, "I need to tell Draco that I succeeded! And that Snape saw that." You grinned to yourself, half-embarrassed, half-proud, as you quickly made your way to the Slytherin common room. It was, however, very unfortunate that he was not in there, meaning your next destination was the Great Hall, where you successfully found the boy sitting with his friendship group, including Blaise, Flint, Crabbe, Goyle, and unfortunately also the girls: Pansy Parkinson, Ana Addington, and Millicent Bulstrode.

Oh God. Staring at the group, you bit your lip. Confident [F/n] was not so confident when it came to seeking out Draco Malfoy amongst his friends. It was a state of vulnerability, suggesting you willingly wished to speak to him. It was not often that you sought Draco out; it was usually him appearing out of the blue when you were in your zone. You enjoyed that, nevertheless, for you didn't have to admit vulnerability by seeking him out yourself, and you also got to see and talk to him. Win, win situation.

Anyhow, you inhaled bravely, and made your way over to the crowd. Blaise was, truly, the only character in that group (except Draco) who you felt at ease with, having spent hours with him in and out of Hogwarts.