Sent Out

"What do you guys think of the new teacher?" Blaise finally asked, attempting to ease the tension, as you and Malfoy were head-on glaring at each other, bouncing off each other's arguments.

"What?" Draco finally asked in a frustrated groan, turning to Blaise.

"The pink lady."

"There's a new teacher?" You asked.

"She introduced herself at the ceremony, had you been listening."

"No one cares," Draco sighed, rolling his eyes, lifting the ice-pack back up to his cheek.

"Enjoy the ice pack. If you carry on, you'll need another one." You said with a sneer, before going into the girls' dorm, slamming the door shut behind yourself. Left now, Draco and Blaise stared at each other.

"You want to fuck her so bad," Blaise finally erupted in a fit of laughter, clasping his hands together, mocking Draco, who furrowed his brows.

"I do not."

"Let it happen, my man."

"Stop making shit up. I'm with Pansy, and she's with the Hufflepuff git." Draco sat back down on the sofa, tiredly leaning on his hand, on his knee, keeping the ice-pack in place against his cheek.

"Hufflepuff git?" Blaise smirked, sliding in onto the sofa beside Draco. "He has a name."

"I don't care about his name."

"Possibly because he's Potter's boyfriend, and you don't like that?"

"No. I just think Hufflepuffs are stupid."

"Sure, sure," Blaise laughed. "You'll have to admit it sooner or later."

"During what part of that conversation between me and her did it seem like I wanted to fuck her?"

"Uhh," Blaise exaggeratedly thought, "all of it!"

"It's as she said!" Draco said, raising his voice, but then lowering it as quickly as he realised that he was not supposed to say this.

"What did she say?"

"She," he sighed, "she made it perfectly clear. She doesn't want anything to do with me. She's with Diggory, and I'm with Pansy."

"Yo, she said that to you, like for real?"

"For real."

"What a plot twist," Blaise gasped, sitting back on the sofa, with one of his legs resting on the other in a manly criss-cross. "Oh, Potter, Potter. At least it adds spice."

"Spice?"

"Makes this love story more interesting, you know?"

"Love story?"

"Oh, shut it, boy, you ask too many questions."

During your next DADA lesson, you were luckily paired with Gryffindors, allowing you to sit beside Hermione. Being with a friend meant you were distracted easier, meaning your focus was less on Malfoy and his minions. Of course, Blaise's presence did, surprisingly, ease the matter slightly, but it was not like you were best friends. The new teacher, the pink lady, proved to be called Professor Umbridge, and the voice she bore sent you spiralling. The fake-ness of it was enough to grind your gears. Hogwarts really did struggle with finding DADA professors, that was a certain.

"Here are your textbooks," she said, distributing magically a bunch of DADA textbooks. However, looking upon yours, you discovered that it was a beginners' guide, which was something you'd learned in the very first year.