The Burning Burrow

The black smoke of Bellatrix landed somewhere in the distance in the cornfields. Yet, you now had a bigger worry as you heard Ginny's voice call out after you. Oh, no - this stupid bitch had followed you in!

You darted your eyes towards Ginny's voice, recognising it somewhere deep within the cornfield. You huffed, running towards her voice as quickly as possible. There was no way in the world that Bellatrix was alone; you saw two fire balls - someone else was here. You gritted your teeth tightly, pushing past all the corn, when you heard a gentle rustle of the corn at the side. Assuming it to be Ginny, you darted in that direction.

"Ginny!"

"[F/n]!" She called out from the direction into which you were running.

There she stood, on a small island in the cornfield, surrounded by puddles from the rain. You charged through the puddles, practically jumping onto her on the small mud island, hugging her tightly. She hugged you back immediately, before you felt her gently nudge you and, when you looked at her, noticed that she was looking past you with a gently trembling lip. You inhaled, slowly turning around with your wand tightly in your hand, holding it out. There, within the corn, stood a man, perhaps ... though his features revealed his animalistic nature, which resembled none other than a werewolf. Yes, indeed! The hair, the eyes, the body - yes, you became certain that this man was a werewolf in his natural being.

"Do you turn into black smoke too?" Was the first thing you asked with a sheepish grin, genuine curiosity flowing through you.

"[F/n]!" Ginny nudged you.

"What? I'm curious. I want to be able to do that too."

The werewolf man stepped forward, a grin of a sadistic nature prancing upon his lips under his lowered, cunning eyes.

"Stupefy!" You yelled out at him, only for him to use his wand to dart the spell away, sending it somewhere into space. "Asshole," you groaned.

"[F/n], please!" Ginny cried out with a huff.

"What? I didn't lie, now, did I?"

"Will you ever take a situation seriously?"

"No." And with this, you turned back to the werewolf man with a grin which reflected his; your own sadistic, playful nature as you proceeded with your usual trick of twisting your wand in-between your fingers, skilfully flipping it through each finger. "You look like you'd do it rough, Sir," you said with a smirk.

Ginny face palmed, both physically and mentally, sighing at your audacity. The werewolf man, on the other hand, ignored all your comments and continued to slowly step forward, until he finally threw his arm with his wand, casting a non-verbal spell at you. Before the spell reached you, you used your fast reflexes and ducked, grabbing Ginny down with you before repeating his action and throwing a spell directly back at him.

"Get back to the Burrow, Ginny," you instructed. You and the werewolf man proceeded to throw spells back and forth at each other, dodging them back and forth, as you grabbed Ginny with you with every dodge. It wasn't hard to predict the direction in which he was going to throw each and every spell, thus you carefully calculated each dodge, giving you the easiness of throwing spells back at him. Nevertheless, the presence of Ginny made your job far harder.

"No! I'm not leaving you!"

"If anything, I will die because of you!"

Suddenly, Harry's and Mr Weasley's voices arose from within the cornfields. Within seconds, they'd emerged from the corn and had darted towards your mud island, holding out their wand and pointing them at the werewolf man.

"His name's Fenrir," Mr Weasley quickly said. "Notorious werewolf."

"Ay, I guessed it right."

"He's ugly but I think he has a big - "

"[F/n]!" Ginny stopped you.

From behind, you heard the sadistic laugh of Bellatrix. Upon turning, you discovered her to be also standing there, ultimately surrounding you with Fenrir. Ginny, without her wand, remained in the middle of the circle created by you, Harry and Mr Weasley as you all stood with your wands out, keeping her protected inside. Bellatrix played around with her wand in her hand before, quickly, throwing a spell at you. Fenrir did the exact same, suddenly casting spells back and forth with Bellatrix at your group. The skills you'd developed with Harry came into good use, as you used your wand to cast each and every spell off, throwing occasional spells at Bellatrix in-between the cast offs. Your immense speed allowed you to increase the amount of spells you threw at her, causing her to grow displeased as, with a wicked laugh, she set off into the blazing ball of fire yet again and flew off into the sky, flying towards the Burrow. Soon enough, Fenrir also proceeded to turn into the a fire ball, flying up into the sky and dashing for the Burrow.

Oh no.

In the process of their flying, one of the fire balls crashed directly through the Burrow, not only sending it for ultimate destruction but also completely setting it alight. Your heart dropped at the sight, as the fire ball dashed through it again, setting it alight further until the house proceeded to burn in flames.

"Molly," Mr Weasley whispered out in a fit of panic, dashing through to the cornfields and running through them swiftly back to the reach the burning Burrow.

"My house!" Ginny cried out.

You furrowed your brows, staring at the flames. Not only had that bitch killed your godfather, but now she'd burned the family home of your closest friends who were now your family. Oh no. Oh, no no no ... you weren't going to settle at that.

Ginny and Harry were running back towards the Burrow, but you proceeded to stay at the mud island within the cornfield for a while longer, admiring the horrific sight of the flames bursting through the house. All burning. All burning to ash. Within your orbs, the fire reflected itself, encompassing your entire vision. Your jaw had lightly lowered itself at the bizarre sight and, feeling a rush of thrill and anger, you gulped tightly and felt a diversion of blood from your stomach as it produced a sense of butterflies.

"Bold," you whispered to yourself, staring at the fire restlessly, "bold of them to do this." Slowly, you gulped, tightening your grip around your wand. "Clearly ... they have a death wish."

With a groan, you rushed through the cornfields, heading for the burning Burrow. Before the building stood the entire family, watching their home fall as a subject of the fire, complete destruction. All had tears prickling in the corners of their eyes, disbelief at the painful sight of their home.

"Where does Bellatrix stay, do you know?" You asked, forcing the most innocent voice.

"What does it matter?" Lupin snapped at you.

"I'm just asking."

"At the ... Malfoy Manor, I believe," Lupin said slowly, staring at you with fear burning in his eyes.

"I'll be fine," was all you could say before dashing towards the burning Burrow.

All the voices yelled back at you, instructing for you to come back. You did not listen, however. You had to make it in time before the fireplace at the Burrow burned down. Thus, rushing into the burning building, you looked around, catching sight of the places which had caught fire already. You coughed out at the horrible prickling of your throat due to the excess smoke from the fire. It was going to be a matter of seconds before the fire reached the fireplace thus, covering your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow, you held your wand tightly and charged through to the fireplace before grabbing the Floo Powder off the top of it. Grabbing a chunk of the Floo Powder from the pot, you threw yourself into the fireplace, turning back one last time to see the fire approaching you.

You inhaled, noticing the fire spreading and catching up to you. Finally, in the final moment, you called out: "Malfoy Manor!" Before throwing the Floo Powder onto the floor, spiralling into a fit of flames as you transported yourself out of the Burrow just before the fire had seized the fireplace.