A Kiss and a Ponder

Christmas with the Weasleys was spent pleasantly. You and Cedric, though only away for two weeks, continuously sent letters back and forth. As soon as you saw Albus on his way back, you always beamed with joy and tore the letter open and spent hours re-reading it like any teenager of your age would. Harry and Ron constantly mocked you for your attitude towards Cedric and how cringe you'd become, for you never were the type to talk of boys or feelings, but rather were always an independent character with your own views and own perspectives, with little consideration for others. Hence the unusual reactions to you and Cedric. Well, it was not like you and Cedric were dating, of course, but there were undeniably feelings there which neither of you could deny or repress. When back at Platform 9 and 3/4, Cedric stood before the train, looking around impatiently, when you saw him in the distance as you made your way through and, without a second thought, you grinned and ran past everyone, barging through. He quickly noticed you and a smiled widely, opening his arms and letting you jump in as he squeezed you tightly and spun you around on the spot.

"I missed you so much," he whispered into your ear as he squeezed you against him.

"I missed you too!"

As Cedric put you down, all you could hear was the sound of someone gagging and, when turning around to it, discovered for it to be Malfoy who rolled his eyes at the two of you and then walked away with his friends.

"He's jealous because he'll never find love," Cedric said with a sneer.

"And you've found love?" You turned to Cedric with a raised eyebrow, at which he turned red and fell extremely shy.

"Well," he began, "I guess we'll see."

You could not resist a smile as you looked at him. On the train, you and Cedric parted as it had become a tradition for you to sit with your friends in the same compartment, and he agreed, kissed your forehead, and left to his Hufflepuff friends.

"So, are you and Cedric official then?" Hermione asked, smiling widely.

"Not yet."

"Yet," Harry scoffed.

"He's so handsome," Hermione added, "I can't believe you pulled an older guy that looks like him."

"I can't believe she pulled any guy at all," Harry scoffed.

"Alright, cheer up, moody Margaret."

"I don't understand the hype about older boys," Ron rolled his eyes.

"Right?"

"Just because you two aren't anyones crushes," Hermione said.

When you were back at Hogwarts, everyone took their turns to greet each other after being away from each other, and you had a dinner during which Dumbledore gave a speech. In awe at the boy who had your heart, you continuously looked over to the Hufflepuff table and watched Cedric, often making eye contact with him as he did the same to you.

"How much do you want to bet that he'll get bored of her in the next two weeks?" Malfoy whispered to his friend who was directly opposite you, meaning you exactly saw and heard what Malfoy had just said. Malfoy was eyeing you up - he intended for you to hear, at which you furrowed your brows.

"To my face, Malfoy. Stop being a pussy."

"I didn't want to say it to you though, did I?"

"About me though."

"About you, not to you."

"Why're you listening to our conversation anyway?" Goyle asked.

"It's funny to hear the useless shit you talk about."