Your Uncle is Here

Sitting in your institute room after attacking the guard who tried to interview you and ask for your reasoning behind the attack and began to call you a troubled teenager, you huffed in a desolate tone. It all had happened so fast. After lashing out, they began to say you had anger issues, perhaps ADHD, but you rolled your eyes and simply huffed in annoyance. It was true, nevertheless, that you'd been lashing out more often for the littlest reasons, getting annoyed at the tiniest things. Almost as though you were on edge. This wasn't entirely wrong; the thought of returning to school for the sixth year was a daunting thought. Not because of Hogwarts itself, but because you knew something was going to go wrong. And, whenever you thought of Draco, the uneasy feeling increased, suggesting that perhaps that something wrong was in regard to Draco. Knowing his circumstance, as well as yours, especially with his father and Voldemort, you did not doubt that a lot had happened over the summer ... especially since you never heard back from him about your letter.

When asked about your parents, nevertheless, it was noted down that you were an orphan. When asked about your current living situation, you sat in silence, refusing to mention the Dursleys at all costs, giving the youth institution absolutely no information about yourself. Thus, thrown into the colourful room with flowers all around you were! How long were you to spend in here? How long till Harry found out? It did not matter. And why? Because you were [F/n] Potter. The girl who could get out any minute. You'd been here for a couple of hours already, since your attack already was sometime in the evening. Looking out the window, it was definitely night as the stars were shining bright and the moon was out.

"These motherfuckers think they can beat [F/n] Potter," you scoffed, "well Harry, yer a wizard," you said in a mocking Hagrid tone, reaching out for your wand.

Yet ... as you felt the back of your trousers ... where you always held your wand ... you felt no sign of a wand. Heart already thumping and mind on alert, you began to pat your entire body in search of the little stick which bore so much power, just to find it nowhere on yourself.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," you cried out, double checking every pocket and every little thing on your body into which you could have put your wand. Nowhere! Nowhere! Nowhere! You felt your heart sink as you dropped down onto your bed, staring ahead of yourself in horror. No way had you just lost your wand! And in a moment when you specifically needed to use Alohomora! Oh - this was not the greatest start of a new school year, and certainly not a good moment of your entire life at all! "This is why I'm not in Ravenclaw," you groaned, throwing your head into your hands in a fit of panic. Where could your wand have disappeared?

Lifting yourself onto your feet, you began to pace the room back and forth, recalling the entire trace of where you were and where you expressed vulgar movements in which your wand could have dropped out. Nevertheless, that was a hard thing to determine since your hyperactive self produced vulgar movements every two seconds. You thought intently for a couple of moments when, suddenly, the door to your room swung open. In it stood one of the carers - a short angry lady, who absolutely despised kids your age and, with a frown, proceeded:

"Your uncle's here for ya, Potter," and, with a roll of the eyes, she swung the door open for you to follow her.

"My uncle?" You raised an eyebrow, standing in the middle of your room. "But I don't have a ... " Your voice trailed off into silence as, warily, you followed her out of your room. You did not give any information on the Dursleys, so how could have Uncle Vernon possibly found out?

The two of you crossed the entire youth institute, with some kids lingering about and staring at you as you left. You simply eyed them all in confusion, wondering what they'd done to be in this place. And, finally, you and the lady entered the reception, in which you caught the eyes of none other than ...

Severus Snape, himself.

"Snape?" You raised an eyebrow in shock, staring at him.

"This her?" The lady asked with a frown, sitting behind the desk.

"Yes," Snape said lowly, looking at you with a glare.

"Right, 'av clocked her out. Keep 'er on a leash. Kid's got anger problems like 'ell. Will proba'ly murder someone next."

"Yes ... I am aware," Snape said slowly, his eyes glowering at you.

And, as the reception opened with the press of the lady's button, you and Snape were free to leave the institute. You opened your mouth to inquire about him as soon as you left, but he simply hit the back of your head and flicked it to keep you walking in silence. Shutting your mouth, you held back a laugh at his brutality, as the two of you continued your way off the youth institute grounds. Only when you'd left the final gate, and stood on the side of a street at night, Snape turned to you with a sigh.

"What was that, Potter?"

"What was what?"

"Can I not let you go for six weeks without fears?"

"I didn't do anything."

"Oh, really?" Snape asked with a glare, lifting up the newspaper with your face on it, dictating your arrest and assault. "Explain."

"She just pushed the wrong buttons," you shrugged. "Hold up - I'm in the newspaper!?" Your eyes gleamed in joy, snatching the paper off him and examining it closely. "Ew, I look gross in this photo."

"It's a reflection of you in real life."

"I - " You paused, staring at Snape's audacity, whilst he flashed you a forced sarcastic smile, before returning to his poker face quickly. "Snape, I've lost my wand."

"No, you haven't," Snape said, "Potter boy has got it. He says some boy named Jack gave him it, from your work."

"Jack had it!? What a relief!"

"It seems as though I've missed a lot," Snape said quietly, looking at you gently. "Are you in a rush to get home?"

"Abso-fucking-lutely not."

"Very well," he nodded.

Thus, the two of you began to walk side-by-side along the night path, with empty streets and empty roads. It gave you the opportunity to fill Snape in with everything he'd missed over the summer, including your job, your new friend, after which you began to show him all the photos of you and Draco on your phone (which you kept hidden away in your underwater during searches - you were smart like that!) and Snape was left to watch them in silence, not knowing whether to smile or to frown. Whenever you inquired about Hogwarts, Snape had very little to say, and would instead ask questions about you and your summer instead. Finally, the topic moved onto Draco Malfoy just before the summer holidays and your stupid promises.

"Together ... like ... "

"Yes," you nodded. "To be boyfriend and girlfriend."

"But ... " Snape's voice trailed off in a conflicted tone. "[F/n]," he said in a soft and low tone, a hint of despair.

"Don't." You quickly said, looking at the ground as you walked. "Draco and I will be together."

"But - "

"No buts. We will. I will make sure of it."

Snape remained silent, also watching the ground uncertainly as the two of you walked.

"So, you are ... in love?" He finally asked, hoping to lighten the atmosphere.

"So very much. I am in love with Draco Malfoy, and I say it proudly."