Chapter 401 - Alright, this is the beginning (3)

Cale walked through the narrow forest path and slowly got closer and closer to the Southern Alchemists' Tower.

"It's been a while since you last visited, hasn't it?"

The Alchemists guiding them tried to make small talk with Plavin.

"It has. I haven't been here in two weeks. Ahem, the tower looks as magnificent as usual."

As guild leader Plavin mentioned, Cale started to frown as they got closer to the Southern Alchemists' Tower.
His face wasn't visible because it was covered by a mask, but he had a big frown as he looked around the Southern Alchemists' Tower.

– Human! The Southern Alchemists' Tower seems to be very wealthy! It's so dazzling! Wow! Is that gold over there?

Unlike the Alchemists' Bell Tower in the capital, the Southern Alchemists' Tower had a large sculpture in front of it.

'...It really is made of gold.'

The shining sculpture was in the form of a person wearing an alchemist robe and holding a staff in one hand and alchemy tools in the other.

– Wow! Human! Isn't the staff in that sculpture's hand made of diamond? It's shining so much!

'Huuuuu.'

Cale let out a low breath as the Alchemist started to speak.

"Haha, this is all thanks to your help, guild leader-nim. You even made over one-tenth of that sculpture over there."
"Hohohoho, ahem, was that the case?"

The merchant guild leader stealthily peeked behind him toward Cale.

'What are you looking at?'

Plavin quickly looked forward again after getting that message from Cale's sharp gaze.

'Damn it!'

Plavin could feel annoyance and anger in Cale's eyes.

"We really have to thank you! We are well-off as we prepare for the future thanks to your help."

'Shut the f*ck up!'

Plavin wanted to cover the Alchemist's mouth. He felt as if he could feel the anger of the man from the Sun God faction standing behind him.

"Our Tower Master-nim is extremely grateful that you happily agreed to send over everything we need for this operation as well."
"Hohoho, is that so?"

'Damn it! Shut the f*ck up!'

Plavin was laughing on the outside but crying on the inside. The Alchemist looked around before getting closer to Plavin and whispering to him.

"Once we gain control of everything in the capital, you will gain more money than you spent on us, as well as power and fame."

'...If you're going to whisper, do it so that the person behind me can't hear it!'

Plavin wanted to cry because the Alchemist was speaking quietly but it was still loud enough for the man from the Sun God faction to hear it.

"Is that so? That is great news."

However, he made it seem as if he was happy on the outside.
He then changed the topic.

"It looks like a lot of new things have appeared since I've been here?"

The Southern Alchemists' Tower was a ten-story tower.
There was a small town with this tower at the center.
It was also the place with the largest faction between the four Alchemists' Towers.

However, merchant guild leader Plavin was not talking about that.

"Isn't the town full of life?"

The Alchemist started to smile.
Many people wearing regular clothes were moving around the town.