Chapter 419 - Save Me! (4)

However, he wondered if there was a need to smack him in the back.

"Cough, cough! Ek, ugh!"

The Bear King had stopped walking before curling forward and coughing up blood. His handkerchief was covered in blood to the point that people who didn't know what happened might think that it was dunked in red paint.

– ...Human. Is the Bear King about to die?

'...Right? Is he going to just die like that?'

Cale couldn't help but question whether they needed to fight this enemy who suddenly showed up but started coughing up blood while turning pale and having his limbs shaking in pain.

"H, how could such power of light......!"

Someone shouted out loud. Cale turned his head toward the voice that came from a distance away.

Boom!

Someone soon landed on the ground with a thud.

"H, Hannah, let me down."

The person who landed was sword master Hannah. Saint Jack then got off Hannah's back.

"How, something like that!"

His hands were shaking.

"Oppa..."

Hannah reached her hand out toward Jack's shoulder as if telling him to calm down, but Jack had already walked past her.
He was observing the Bear King with shaking pupils.

"You."

The Bear King raised his head. Jack made eye contact with him. He then took another step forward.

"What kind of power is the light that you are using?"

Smirk.

Jack took another step as the Bear King started to smile.

"What kind of power is it that it can let out such pure light......!"

However, Jack had to stop walking. Cale had grabbed his shoulder and Jack finally came back to his senses after looking at Cale's gaze.

– Innocent Saint! What do you mean by pure light?

Raon's voice echoed in Saint Jack's mind. Saint Jack opened his mouth to respond. However, the Bear King started to speak first.

"Saint, as you mentioned, this power is pure light itself."
"...How-"

Saint Jack could not finish his sentence.
The light he had just seen... That was just light. It was a pure light without any traces of mana nor the powers of a light-affinity god. That was why Saint Jack who was a follower of the Sun God, which was one of those light-affinity gods, could realize the pure nature of it. He looked toward the Bear King as if he was looking for an answer. He was the enemy. However, that pure light made the hearts of the followers of light run wild.

"How, you ask?"

The Bear King smirked again before looking at someone.

"Hey, old man."

Cale flinched.

"...Are you talking about me?"

Eruhaben looked toward the Bear King who had an odd smile on his face.

"Yes. You're the oldest person here."

The old man the Bear King was talking about was Eruhaben.

– ...Human, the way the Bear King talks is similar to you.

'What?'

Cale was honestly shocked. He wouldn't speak so disrespectfully to the elderly even if he was trash. Of course, the enemy was an exception.
Cale heard Eruhaben's voice at that moment.