Chapter 455 - Returned (1)

"Patriarch-nim, did that punk Cale say that he'll be heading over?"

Ron who was looking at the video communication device that just ended turned his gaze after hearing the voice. He saw Mercenary King Bud Illis who was holding a long thin sword, unlike his usual self.
Ron casually stared at the blood dripping down the thin blade before starting to speak.

"5 minutes later."

He didn't say anything else before looking forward.
Bud did not show any complaints about this demeanor. He also looked toward where Ron was looking.

'...The Molan family residence.'

Although it was now being used as Arm's secret base, this place used to belong to the Eastern continent's greatest underworld household in the past. Bud had been shocked when he had learned about it.

'For it to be in the Molden mountain range.'

The Eastern continent's Molden Kingdom had grown significantly since about ten or so years ago.
They were located at the center of the Eastern continent and used commerce as a means to grow the kingdom, using their location effectively to become the center of the Eastern continent's economy and material distribution.

There was a unique trait about the Molden Kingdom that managed to become the center of distribution and commerce even without an ocean around their kingdom.

A wide plain with just as wide and well-paved roads.
Merchants had no choice but to use these wide roads with no mountains to hinder them, especially after lodging and commercial districts were created as well.

'The Molden Kingdom does have a mountain range in the northeast region.'

The mountain range was not very long, but it was very tall and dangerous that it ranked number one in climbing difficulty on the entire Eastern continent.

The Molan family residence existed in a valley deep inside that dangerous mountain range.

'It's actually more of a fortress than a residence.'

He could see buildings built inside the dry valley and the cliffs on both sides.

"Mercenary King-nim, we have successfully crossed the first boundary and should arrive at the second boundary soon!"

Bud raised his sword again after hearing the report. His gaze turned to one side as he started to speak.

"We can see Arm's base after breaking past the first boundary as you mentioned."

Bud's close friend Glenn Poeff and the Mercenaries Guild's mages had destroyed the illusion spell at the first boundary.
The assassins of the different households who had survived the destruction of their households but had been scattered throughout the Eastern continent until now were gathered here destroying the first boundary and the traps inside.

Bud then saw someone covered in a robe sitting weakly on the ground. The robed individual started to speak.

"The second boundary will be as I mentioned as well."

He sounded weak as if he was a candle that was starting to go out.
A bright light flashed around them at that moment. The light soon disappeared and the person who appeared started to speak.

"It looks like we need to hurry."

It was Cale.
The person on the floor raised his head. Cale could see the Dragon half-blood's eyes looking at him underneath the robe.

Cale had a lot of things to say to this bastard. However, he didn't have the time to leisurely chat as the situation at the Caro Kingdom's Dubori territory had taken longer than he had expected.