Chapter 403 - Alright, this is the beginning (5)

Who in the world would give a gift like this?

– Cale, are you okay?
"...Human?"

Eruhaben and Raon looked toward Cale with concerned expressions. Cale could not feel their gazes properly as he continued to look at the black book.

Cale was getting fired up on the inside.

'You damn god doing whatever the fuck you want.'

It was even worse than when Cale did whatever he wanted to do.

'Why are you dragging in an innocent person?'

Cale could not understand this part.
Eruhaben looked toward Cale with pity. There were many times he forgot that this kid was only twenty years old because of his thoughts and actions.
However, he could feel Cale's age while looking at him get angry and frustrated at himself after seeing an injured friend.

– Cale.

The ancient Dragon started to speak gently.

– I'm sure you are worried and angry. I understand how you feel. I'm sure you are feeling angry at yourself for this happening.
"No, Eruhaben-nim. I'm not angry at myself. It isn't my fault either."
– Hmm?

Cale was angry.

Choi Han would naturally be seeing Kim Rok Soo's life if he is going through Choi Jung Soo's memories. He might even be able to connect Cale and Kim Rok Soo together.

Choi Jung Soo would have memories of Kim Rok Soo using his ability.
Furthermore, his tone, speech, and actions were similar to when he was Kim Rok Soo.

'I'm going to get found out.'

It was possible that the fact that Cale Henituse was Kim Rok Soo would be revealed.

'But why that?'

The fact that it might be revealed was not very important to Cale.
Who cares if Choi Han looks through Choi Jung Soo's memories?

Of course, it might cause a rift in their relationships or Choi Han might get the wrong idea.
But so what?

Rifts and misunderstandings can be mended.

Choi Han could be disappointed and angry that Cale did not say anything and pretended not to know about Korea.
It could take a long time to untangle that disappointment and anger.
But he could do it.

He thought about this a lot already.
Cale thought that untangling it might be easy or extremely difficult. Of course, there were concerns and dilemmas about that process as well.
But he could do it.

Why?
Because Choi Han is alive.

You can't untangle any misunderstandings or disappointments with the dead.
You can't chat with them or see them ever again.

Cale who had thoroughly realized that fact for his thirty-plus years of life would try his best to mend the relationship with Choi Han as long as he had the chance to do so.

It was also not something he needed to worry about right now.
They can think about it together after Choi Han wakes up and they have a serious conversation with each other.

It was something else that was making Cale angry.

"But why make someone be in pain?"

The situation of giving Choi Han Choi Jung Soo's memories.

'Sure, let's say I understand to a degree as to why the God of Death would do that.
But why did he need to make it a painful process?'

"I can't understand him at all."