Chapter 508 - It works! (5)

The white lights that shined in their eyes slowly disappeared.

"They were just fakes."

Beacrox stoically mumbled as he wiped the blood off his greatsword.

"That's how illusions are."
"Father."

Beacrox turned to see his father Ron standing there. However, Ron was busy looking, not at Beacrox, but at the disappearing white light.

The orb made from the power covering the maze ceiling that Elisneh the First had sent flying could not get past Raon and the Elementals' barriers in the end.

Craaaack-

Of course, Raon's shield was destroyed as well. They were barely able to block the attack thanks to layer after layer of barriers being cast by the Elementals.

"Nothing is left in the end."

The white orb disappeared with a loud bang, but it did not affect anything around it.

It meant that illusions held no material form in the end.
Although it might be able to trick people's minds, something fake would always be fake.
It could not leave any traces in the world.

Ron tightened his grip as he continued to speak.

"But my strength is not an illusion."
"Ugh! Ugh!"

He could feel the neck he was choking. He could feel her shaking as she could not breathe.

"...You... You bastard...! Y, you dare!"

Elisneh barely managed to speak, however, Ron did not even glance at her.
Beacrox slowly approached her instead.

"Father, should I take care of the rest?"

Flinch.

Elisneh's body started to shake.
Beacrox who had placed his greatsword on his back and had a thin knife in his hand stoically stared at her before looking away.
Elisneh felt as if the emotionless eyes of the man in front of her wearing a chef's outfit were looking at her as if she was some ingredient to prepare.

Stomp, stomp.

Beacrox continued to walk toward her.
He had simply asked Ron if he should clean the surroundings up before they escaped from the maze.

However, Elisneh thought he was an assassin who was going to kill her.
She could not move her body.
Her hands had been tied long ago and her neck was in Ron's hand.
Her feet thankfully touched the ground, but that was it.

Stomp, stomp.

Beacrox slowly came closer.
It was at that moment.

From the spot where all the white lights had disappeared...
Someone was walking out of that area.

"Young master-nim."

A gentle voice that did not suit an assassin came out of Ron's mouth.
Elisneh had a burning gaze as she glared at Cale Henituse who was walking toward her.

"You-"
"Ron, let go."

Elisneh who was desperately trying to speak immediately felt her neck feel cool.
She looked to the side.
The assassin bastard had released her without any opposition at Cale Henituse's order.

'Why?'

It happened as she had that thought.

"Ugh!"

She felt black threads surrounding her body.

Boom!

Her body fell to the ground.