Chapter 529 - Mountain after mountain (2)

'Why did this Vampire come here?'

Cale was shocked.
He thought this Vampire was going to send him an invitation, and furthermore, how the hell did he know he was here?

Flutter.

The black bird didn't care whether Cale was shocked or not and slightly flew up and moved elsewhere.

Plop.

The bird landed on Alberu Crossman's bed.

Chhhhh!

The black bird opened up its shiny beautiful black wings and with some elegant movements...

"Your highness, Alberu Crossman. Nice to meet you."

It greeted Alberu.

"My name is Duke Fredo Von Ejellan of the Endable Kingdom. I currently lead the Vampires of the two continents."
"Hooo."

Alberu quietly mumbled in amazement before slightly bowing toward the black bird.

"Nice to meet you as well."

Alberu was speaking somewhat respectfully to follow the proper etiquette of addressing a foreign nation's Duke. The black bird's eyes slightly curled up in response.

"I wished to meet your highness at some point, but I apologize for suddenly barging in like this."
"Not at all. It's okay."
"Your highness, you truly are as wise and benevolent as I've heard."
"Hahaha! Duke Fredo, you are the one who seems quite wise."

'Oh?'

Cale looked toward the black bird and Alberu who were chatting peacefully with each other in disbelief.
Alberu noticed Cale's gaze and started to speak.

"Little brother, have you ever thought about learning such cool etiquette like Duke Fredo's?"

'What nonsense is this?'

Cale just said whatever came to mind.

"I plan on being a slacker, so I don't think I'll have anywhere to use that etiquette even if I learned them."
"Ah."

Alberu sighed.
Cale found Alberu's pitying gaze to be odd.

'...Why is he looking at me like that?'

Although he didn't know the reason, it made him feel extremely iffy that Cale slightly started to frown as he looked at Alberu.
Alberu shook his head and then started to speak toward Duke Fredo.

"Based on what I heard, Duke Fredo was unconscious. Are you okay?"

Smile.

Alberu started to smile.
He had a sharp gaze toward Duke Fredo as if they had not been speaking peacefully to each other at all.
The black bird who received his observing gaze directly shared his astonishment.

"Hooo. You've heard about my condition."

Swish.

The black bird turned toward Cale.
The black bird's eyes flashed as they looked at him.

"I'm extremely curious as to how his highness knew about my condition. My current condition should have been a secret."

Cale just shrugged his shoulders toward the black bird.

'There's no need to tell him that the Wind Elementals told me.'

He didn't want to share that information with someone who was not his ally.
Duke Fredo seemed to notice this as he did not ask further.

Flutter.

He flapped his wings and flew up into the air.

"Your highness, if it is okay with you, may I have a conversation with young master Cale Henituse in secret?"
"Of course. Do whatever you need."
"Thank you very much, your highness. I will come bade goodbye before I leave."
"I understand."