Chapter 447 - He's Human (1)

Choi Han felt no emotions about returning to the day he fell into this world and the Forest of Darkness.

"It is an illusion, but it feels real."

The feeling of the leaves rustling and crunching under his feet, the breeze brushing past his cheek, and the scent of the forest mixed inside the breeze. Everything felt real.

The scent of the forest.
Although it sounds beautiful, a fishy and rotten scent was mixed inside that scent of the forest.
It was the scent of the Forest of Darkness that was a mix of the fresh scent of a forest and the cruel and vicious creatures inside it.
The breeze blowing through this place where weak creatures and monsters could die at any moment had the fishy scent of blood within it.

Choi Han had not known what these scents were when he first arrived, but the now older Choi Han knew the identity of these scents too well.
He had seen a countless number of deaths.

That was why he was feeling nothing right now.
Choi Han lowered his head and continued to look at the family picture inside his wallet.

"...This."

However, the blurry faces of his family members stabbed at him as it reminded him of his forgotten past.

"This is a bit painful."

He was sad about all the time that had passed rather than the illusion itself. He could calmly talk about it, but he could not hide the feelings.

'I did get much older.'

Choi Han realized that he had aged quite a bit as he became nostalgic about the past.

'But I'm relieved.'

Choi Han was thinking that 'relieved' was the best word to describe his feelings right now.
He was relieved because he had seen the older versions of his family through Choi Jung Soo's memories. There were none of his direct family members and he had only seen older versions of some of his cousins, but he was thankful for that.

Choi Han's hand holding the wallet grew weak.

"...I told you to carry a wallet."

He didn't remember her face, but he remembered his mom's voice.
His dad had given him some allowance as he quickly grabbed the wallet after hearing her comment.

'I remember that.'

Choi Han carefully put the family picture back in the wallet and safely put the wallet in his pocket. He then started to walk.

'I need to quickly get out of this illusion.'

It was obvious how bad it would be for Cale who was left alone while he was in this illusion. Of course, the situation could be different if Raon quickly made it over.

'Still.'

Choi Han now had Kim Rok Soo, no, Cale, as his family.
He had considered Cale to be like family for a while, but Cale became his true family after seeing through Choi Jung Soo's memories.

'Oh, come on! Kim Rok Soo, why do we share the same birthday too?!'
'I'm quite annoyed that we were born on the same day so shut up.'
'...Wow, I'm hurt. Kim Rok Soo, you're so cold.'
'Shut up.'

Choi Jung Soo and Kim Rok Soo had the same birthday.

'Hey, hey, Rok Soooooooo.'
'Don't call me in such a disgusting way.'
'Ah, it's such a pity the more I think about it. I could have taken you as a dongsaeng if you were born later than me.'
'Talk to the wall if you're going to continue with this nonsense.'
'Wow, team leader-nim! Listen to the way Kim Rok Soo is talking to his one fellow employee! He's so cold!'
'Cold my ass.'