Chapter 435 - Me? Why? (4)

Alberu started to speak as soon as he saw Cale's expression.

"You were probably just thinking, 'what nonsense is he saying now,' weren't you?"
"No, your highness."

Cale picked up a cookie from the box in front of Alberu with a calm expression on his face.

Crunch.

Cale took a bite of the cookie before continuing to speak.

"I don't think that's possible."
"...You're saying no without even hearing the details?"
"Yes, it's not possible. We are busy, your highness."
– Human! Your tone sounds like Mary's right now!

Cale ignored Raon's comment and observed Alberu. Alberu slowly crossed his arms and leaned on the couch. He was also looking right at Cale as he started to speak.

"You... Who do you think are the three most popular people in the kingdom right now?"

'What kind of random question is this?'

Cale's face and gaze quickly turned sour. But he soon felt that something was off. The person who would usually say something after seeing his sour face was looking at Cale with a serious expression.

That meant that he was seriously asking this question.

Cale's expression turned as odd as possible. He debated it for a moment before responding with a stoic expression.

"...First place is his highness the crown prince, second place is Alberu Crossman, and third place is the Roan Kingdom's rising sun. Is this right?"

Raon put the cookie in his hand down and Alberu's expression looked as if he had eaten a young persimmon as Cale announced the first, second, and third place as if he was trying to tell Alberu to have his moment and stop the nonsense.

"Hey, crown prince! Are you that popular? Amazing! I guess you are handsome, crown prince! At least your face is normal!"

Raon was patting Alberu's shoulders as if he was proud of him as Alberu brushed his face with both hands. He then started to speak.

"First place is Choi Han, second place is Cale Henituse, third place is Mary."

'Hmm?'
"...Excuse me?"

Raon and Cale's eyes opened wide. The quarter Dark Elf looked toward the stiff young Dragon and the human as he continued to speak.

"I'm probably in fourth place."
"Oh."

Cale let out a quiet gasp.

"Choi Han is so popular?"
"Mary is very popular too! Human, the only shocking part is that you were in second place! I didn't think you'd place at all! Of course, you are eternally zero place in my book!"

Cale continued to go, 'wow,' while Raon fluttered his wings in excitement. The crown prince who was watching their relaxed discussion finally ended up speaking.

"...Choi Han is known to be born amongst the common people in the Henituse territory. It's the same for Mary."

Tap. Tap.

Alberu's fingers tapped on the couch's armrest. The reason he came out here while avoiding the gazes of the people...

"That is why the citizens of the Kingdom are excited about the achievements of their fellow commoners and want to be like them, hoping that they remain as the heroes of the Roan Kingdom. And the nobles..."

Nobles.
That word made Cale look toward Alberu.

"The nobles want to tie Choi Han and Mary down as the Roan Kingdom's heroes as well. However..."