Chapter 490 - Do you hear a dog barking somewhere? (2)

"Mmph, mmph!"

Bud was shaking his body from side to side and flailing around.
However, Cale who was shaking hands with Jopis did not pay him even a glance.

"Tsk."

Ron was also clicking his tongue and not looking toward Bud at all.
Bud looked toward Choi Han who was standing behind Ron with desperation after seeing even Ron ignoring him.

"Mmph, mmph!"

Smile.

Bud could see the innocent smile that appeared on Choi Han's face. Choi Han slightly nodded with his head before walking past Bud as if it was nothing.

– Hey Mercenary King, I'm here too! Your friend said he will wait outside the fence to see if any of the watchdogs show up!

Raon's bright voice stabbed into Bud's mind.

– Hey Mercenary King, I'm glad your f*cking head didn't get blown up!

Bud did not flail anymore. He just bit down on the gag and lowered his head. He even missed his close friend Glenn's nagging.
Unfortunately, Raon was the only one paying any attention to the sulking Bud.

– Human! The Mercenary King seems sullen for some reason.

'Nobody cares.'

Cale didn't even look toward Bud before sitting down on a chair Jopis offered.
It was the same old table and chair that he had seen inside the video recording device. Cale and Jopis sat down on the two chairs around the old table.
Ron and Choi Han headed behind Cale without saying anything.

"I can't have my guests remain standing."

Jopis pointed at something for the two of them. All three of them could see the bed.

"Lie on it, roll around on it, do a headstand, please use it however you wish."

'...She really won't be easy to handle.'

Cale realized this fact once more as Ron started to smile.

"I do not like the bed, may I do as I wish?"

Jopis looked at Ron for a moment before elegantly nodding her head.

"Of course. The returned owner of the Molden mountain range can naturally do as he pleases."

Ron and Jopis made eye contact.
Ron naturally knew her identity, and, as mentioned earlier, Jopis was aware of Ron and the return of the Molan household thanks to her dogs.
Jopis met Ron's gaze with a cold gaze as Ron smiled benignly and started to move.

"Hmm?"

Her eyebrows then twitched.

"I prepared the young master-nim's favorite tea in advance."

The old man wearing an assassin's outfit leisurely took a teapot and teacups out of his spatial pocket bag. Jopis looked around after seeing him taking out the lemon tea.
Nobody had a change in expression except the red-haired man in front of her.

The red-haired man was looking toward Ron with an unhappy expression.

'This man is the, 'young master-nim?' The fact that he can frown like that toward the Molan patriarch... Must mean he really is his master.'

Jopis had observed the Mercenary King's reaction as soon as this man had appeared earlier. The way he had looked at the red-haired man with desperate eyes had shown Bud's firm belief that this man would save him.

'Even if I lack information about the outside, the fact that someone at the Mercenary King's level trusts him so much and follows him must mean-'

It must mean that the person in front of her was a highly-skilled individual.