Chapter 499 - You stupid idiots! (5)

"W, what the...! How dare you use a word like bullshit toward her majesty!"

The oldest child looked toward Cale and pointed rudely at him. He looked as if he could not speak properly because he was in disbelief.
On the other hand, Jopis had an elegant smile on her face as she nodded her head.

The boy who saw her reaction raised his voice even more and shouted toward Cale and Jopis.

"This, what indecency! You are just a traitor anyway!"

'That kid sure has a loud voice.'

Cale shook his head from side to side.

"Haaaaaa. Looks like we'll need to fight while carrying baggage."
"W, what?"

The boy could not hide his shock at Cale who called him baggage.
Cale didn't care as he casually commented back.

"You guys are hostages. Hostages."

The boy and the other children's expressions changed after hearing his comment.
The gazes of the older children turned grim and they all started to shout.

"We cannot be hostages! Just kill us! We will not become a hindrance to her majesty!"
"That's right, kill us!"
"We would gladly die for her majesty!"

'Wow. Do these punks even know what it means to die?'

Cale looked toward Jopis in disbelief.

"They've been seriously bewitched."

Cale recalled the first time he met Elisneh.
She had bewitched the people of the Lord's Castle. He remembered the badge on their clothes at that time.

'I don't see something like a badge on the children. She supposedly cast an illusion on everyone inside the palace, but how did she do it?'

Cale was stealthily looking at the royal children and Elisneh's subordinates.

He thought that she might have cast an illusion around the entire palace after hearing that everybody in the palace was bewitched.
However, that should have meant that Cale and the others would have been bewitched once they entered the palace grounds, but that had not happened and there was also the information the Mercenary King gave him.

'Do you know how many merchants and nobles go in and out of the palace? There's no way she could cast an illusion on all of them.'

Cale asked Jopis a question as he thoroughly observed the children.

"How do we wake them up?"

An elegant voice responded to him.

"...There was a time I smacked the shit out of my father's back. He still did not snap out of the illusion."

'Mm... That wasn't the kind of response I expected.'

Jeet approached Cale and whispered behind him as Cale stood there at a loss for words.

"Sir, they're here."

Cale's eyes clouded over.
It was at that moment.

"What?!"

Cale heard someone shout in shock and he looked toward the speaker.
Elisneh's eyes were glowing red and she seemed to be listening to something.

"Cale-nim."

Cale heard Choi Han's voice at that moment as he saw a dagger flying past him.
It was Choi Han's dagger that he had received from Ron.

"Squeeeak-!"

He then heard a rat scream.
Cale laughed as he looked toward Elisneh.

"How can you get any information when your informant is injured?"
"...Is it your doing?"
"Who else could it be?"