Chapter 532 - Mountain after mountain (5)

The son's shoulders were slightly shaking as he looked at his loving father, his only family member, being in pain like this.
Naru had this thought on his mind.

'...My poor life.'

He felt as if he would laugh in disbelief.
Holding back that laughter was making his shoulders shake.

But the people who did not know this were just looking at him with pitying eyes.
The eyes of the two people who were standing in the hallway just outside the bedroom were extremely teary.

The people who came with the White Star were people Cale knew as well.
It was the woman wearing the black armor and riding on the black horse.
The other was the Dark Elf old man.
The two of them were in their regular outfits instead of their battle outfits.

The Dark Elf old man started to speak.

"I always feel this way, but Naru does not seem to be like Duke Fredo-nim at all."

There was a bit of sneer in his eyes as he said that before it disappeared.

Smile.

The woman sneered at the Dark Elf old man.

"Why don't you just say it outright instead of beating around the bush?"
"Beating around the bush? I am just telling it as is."

The two of them looked at each other for a moment before looking back at Naru Von Ejellan whose head the White Star was patting.
The two of them had the same thought.

'He's weak.'

His foundation was weak.

The Future Duke Ejellan who would lead the Vampires...
Naru Von Ejellan...
This young boy's body had been weak since he was young, which was why Duke Fredo ordered him to stay in a villa for healing and resting instead of staying in the Endable Kingdom.

There was a hidden sneer in the Dark Elf old man's mouth.

'The Kingdom has been here for 20 years. Naru has always been weak during that time.'

Twenty years was a short period of time for Vampires who lived for hundreds of years, but this was the time that the future Vampire leader should be growing.
However, Naru was the same as the first time they met and had not grown at all.

His body was weak, so his physique was less developed as well.

This was why the Vampires and the citizens of the Endable Kingdom loved Naru's pure innocence and warm demeanor but worried about the kingdom's future.

However, Naru's weakness was a source of joy for at least these two people.
They were all in competition with each other.
The thought of their enemy's future slipping away was enjoyable.

"Let's go in."
"Okay."

The two of them then entered the bedroom.
No matter how they truly felt, they had to look as if they were concerned and upset about the status of their comrade, Duke Fredo.

"Mm."

A person who was watching the two of their backs as well as the sight inside the bedroom subconsciously rubbed the back of his hand.
He had slight goosebumps on his hands.

This man was Melundo, the Butler of this residence and one of Duke Fredo's hidden trusted subordinates.

'What an amazing human.'

His gaze had been focused on Cale's back since a while ago.
Vampires were born with talent in stealth and camouflage.

'Even if it is easier to camouflage because he changed his appearance with the Duke-nim's treasure... I didn't expect him to be so talented.'