Chapter 537 - If you really want to (4)

Fredo was with Solena in his bedroom.
Cale looked toward Fredo and bluntly asked.

"Where are they?"

Fredo had a bright smile on his face.

"My son, you must finally be looking for the bodies."
"Haaaaa. You crazy bastard."

Cale could feel Solena flinch, but he ignored it and plopped down on the empty chair across from Fredo.

"Where are they? Actually, no."

Cale asked the same question before shaking his head. He then asked Fredo a different question.

"Why did you do it?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Don't feign ignorance. It's funny to hear someone who just smiled and asked if we were looking for the bodies pretending like he doesn't know anything now."
"Mm. I guess it is funny."

Fredo nodded his head as if he agreed with Cale.
He then continued to speak.

"It was because the weight wasn't balanced."
"The weight?"
"A deal or a contract means that both sides are giving something of equal value to the other."

Fredo believed that they needed to be clear on what each side was giving and receiving.

"And when both sides of the scale are equal in weight... That's when a contract is set."
"You thought that holding the Ranger Brigade members hostage was balancing the scale?"
"Yes. Shouldn't I at least do that much?"

Choi Han who came through the mirror after Cale started to speak at that moment.

"Is that why you included Cale-nim's blood as a condition?"

Choi Han's gaze did not look happy as he glared at Fredo. Actually, there was a lot of animosity that Choi Han did not hide.

Choi Han thought Cale had more trust in Fredo than before, but in Choi Han's point of view, Fredo was just an enemy aiming for one of his family member's blood.
He saw him as someone who could stab them in the back at any moment.

Smile.

Choi Han could see Fredo smiling toward him at that moment.
Fredo started to speak in a gentle voice as if Choi Han's animosity was cute.

"Choi Han. Do you think your master values his blood a lot? I think Cale Henituse would put a higher value on his friends' blood than his own."

Choi Han was suddenly at a loss for words.
Cale started to speak instead.

"My blood is very important to me."

Choi Han was at even more of a loss for words that he turned away from Cale.
On the other hand, Fredo looked toward Cale and nonchalantly commented.

"I also needed a conversation with the Mercenary King."

Solena sighed quietly after hearing that.

Fredo continued to speak as Cale looked at her.

"I didn't want to be hated anymore."

It sounded light, but those words were not light at all.

"The people of the Eastern continent do not look favorably on most of the races that make up the Endable Kingdom."

The animosity toward Vampires and Dark Elves were obvious, but it was highly likely that the people on the Eastern continent would feel repulsed by the citizens of the Endable Kingdom when it was revealed.

"There were people I needed to slowly change that mindset."

Cale immediately realized who those people were.