Chapter 436 - How Touching (1)

Due to its long history, the Roan Kingdom had a lot of palaces.

"It's been a while since so many nobles have gathered together."

One of the palaces that were only used when there were significant issues that impacted the whole kingdom was currently decorated luxuriously and welcoming people in.

People were busy chatting in this hall that was the size of most small outdoor plazas.

"...I didn't expect that the awards ceremony and the celebration would happen together."

Most of the people gathered here were nobles. The people wearing luxurious yet dapper clothes could not easily blend in with the atmosphere inside this dazzling hall.

"I agree. I also heard that the entire awards ceremony would be broadcasted to the plaza via a video communication device?"
"Yes, his highness the crown prince said he wanted to share this joyful and glorious day with the citizens."

The awards ceremony after the war. It was something that the Roan Kingdom of last year which had been at peace for a long time could not have imagined. Furthermore, nobody expected the stuffy awards ceremony to end up being more relaxed by having the celebration along with it.

All of this was strongly pushed by crown prince Alberu Crossman.

"...I heard that the plaza was decorated like they do for a festival as well."
"That is correct. I heard the crown opened up its reserves to pay for it."

The crown prince had not just this hall but the plaza where people could view the awards ceremony decorated luxuriously for the occasion. There were also tents handing out free food throughout the plaza, letting the citizens enjoy as if it was indeed a festival.

"...F*ck!"

However, most of the nobles did not look happy.

"Father."
"I know. I'm aware."

The Viscount who swore sighed at his son's comment before calming himself. His eyes scanned around the hall.

'...There's a lot of people here.'

The crown prince had asked for as many nobles as possible to attend. That was the reason most nobles came to the capital with their families. Of course, they could have declined to participate.

'But who would do that?!'

Any patriarch of a household, well, any noble with a brain would choose to attend.

"...Huuuu."

Many nobles were sighing around the hall. They were trying their best to smile, but many of them were smiling with their mouths while sharply scanning the hall with their eyes.

"It's going to be quite a headache now."

The Viscount quickly bowed after hearing a voice.

"Count-nim."
"No need for such greetings."

The Count who declined the Viscount's respectful greeting stood next to him and started to whisper.

"Most of the Northeast region's nobles are here?"

The Viscount nodded his head with a stiff expression on his face.

"Yes sir, most of them are here."

The Count and the Viscount. The two of them were part of the central nobles faction centered around the Roan Kingdom's capital that was led by Duke Orsena.

The northwest region's Marquis Stan. The southeast region's Marquis Ailan. The central region's Duke Orsena. The southwest region's Duke Gyerre.

These were the four factions that had led the Roan Kingdom's nobles' society until now. They were here to witness the creation of another faction, a very strong new faction.