Chapter 543 - Welcome, this is our house (1)

Alberu Crossman was quietly looking down at the view from the second-floor terrace.
Although his half-mask was covering everything from his nose up, his eyes were taking in the sight of the Endable Kingdom's Section 1 with his quarter Dark Elf appearance out in the open.

"Bob hyung, are you not going to eat?"

Alberu slowly turned his head after hearing the voice.

A boy wearing a dull grey hooded cape was looking at him.
Nobody else other than Alberu who was sitting across from him could see how he looked because he had his hood on.

Alberu looked into the eyes of the boy looking at him before turning back toward the view outside the terrace.

His mouth slowly opened to speak.

"I keep wanting to look."
"Why?"
"In some ways... This place means a lot to me."

The boy's confident voice struck Alberu's heart like a hook at that moment.

"Why? Because of the Dark Elves?"

He really couldn't trick this punk.
Alberu looked at the boy in front of him. He realized that it really was hard to hide his feelings from Cale.

'That also means that he knows a lot of my secrets.'

Sharing a secret that could not be openly shown with someone could at times bring comfort and peace, however... It could also make someone feel awkward as if their innermost thoughts were being revealed.

Alberu was feeling both the former and the latter right now.

He opened his mouth to speak.

"Well, I guess you could say that."

He kept looking because of the Dark Elves, as Cale had mentioned.

"Isn't it nice?"

Alberu slowly nodded his head at Cale's question.

"It is nice."

He then quickly added on.

"It's better than I thought it would be."

The Endable Kingdom's scenery was better than he thought it would be and better than he could have ever imagined.
Although the sunlight only shined down at the center, the capital was not dark at all probably because they used a lot of magic devices.

The restaurant Cale brought Alberu to at Solena's recommendation only had two stories, so the second-floor terrace was not high enough to see everything in the Endable Kingdom.

'But that's why I can see the faces of the people living here.'

It was not very high, so Alberu could get a good look at the expressions and emotions of the individuals living here.
Just as his eyes landed on a fruit vendor's energetic smile...

"Hyung, isn't it similar? Here and the Roan Kingdom."
"...It is."

Peek.

Cale, who was putting a piece of steak in his mouth, peeked toward Alberu after hearing an oddly weak voice.

He looked somewhat dispirited and tired.
Alberu was indeed a bit tired as Cale was thinking.

'It existed on the Eastern continent. A place where races with the darkness attribute could live freely.'

Alberu's mouth felt bitter for some reason.
He was happy and welcoming of such a place, but for some odd reason, his mouth felt bitter and hot.

It was at that moment.
He heard Cale's casual voice.