Chapter 553 - You should have watched your back (7)

"Cale Henituse, what is it?"

Cotton anxiously looked at Cale.

'Why is he suddenly acting like this?'

Cale was completely pale and sweating.

He didn't even seem to hear Cotton calling his name as he just stared inside the black door with a piercing gaze.

"What is inside that is making you react like this?"

Cotton slightly pulled on Cale's shoulder and tried to look inside.

Cale's gaze moved to Cotton potentially because of her action.

'Why does he look so vicious-'

Cotton couldn't help but flinch at Cale's gaze that looked ready to beat someone to death.

Cale pulled her arm.

"Hey!"

He pulled firmly enough that Cotton frowned before her eyes opened wide.

'He's shaking?'

Cale's hand that was pulling her was shaking.

Cotton finally realized that there was something else in Cale's eyes in addition to this anger to beat someone to death.

"Hurry up and look inside."

Cale sounded stoic as usual, but his tone sounded urgent.

Cotton looked inside the door at his urging.

She could see an octagonal platform, eight altars, and eight sculptures.

"Deputy Chief Priest, do you know what those sculptures are?"

Cale waited for Cotton's response with a shaking heart.

Boom. Boom. Boom.

His heart was slowly starting to beat faster.

'Why, just why?!'

Why were the monsters he saw in Korea here as sculptures?!

Cale's mind moved past complicated to chaotic.

'...Six of them.'

Cale had records of six of those sculptures, no, six of those monsters, in his mind.

They were the monsters that were evaluated to be the six strongest monsters in Korea and the world. The ones on the altar looked exactly the same as the ones recorded in his mind.

'My record is never wrong.'

When he was in Korea, the records of these unrankable monsters had been shared via video throughout the world and Cale was the person in his company who remembered the most information about these monsters.

'I memorized every single piece of information about them.'

Once Team Leader Lee Soo Hyuk, Choi Jung Soo, and his other team members had died, Kim Rok Soo had recorded every piece of information he could find about monsters.

He couldn't let something like that happen ever again.

It was his duty as the new team leader to keep his team members safe.

This was especially true because his new team all had family members waiting for them, unlike himself.

That was why Kim Rok Soo had gathered more information about monsters than anybody else.

Foreign records, research, videos... He found anything he could get his hands on and recorded them in his mind.

Monster rankings, appearances, battle patterns, attacks, he didn't even disregard the trivial information.