Chapter 527 - I'm just a regular human being! (4)

Screeeech-

Cale quietly watched the door to the room Alberu was resting in open slowly.
He recalled the situation from just a moment ago.

'Human! There's a call from Count Deruth, no, Duke Deruth! Please don't tell Beacrox I said Count! He'll get upset!'

It happened as he was resting in a different bedroom.
Cale had turned his gaze after hearing that statement only to see Gashan smiling.

'He's probably contacting you because of us Tigers and Lock.'

That was what Cale had expected as well.

'Raon, connect him.'

That was why he had connected the call without thinking much about it.
But the moment Duke Deruth's face appeared above the video communication device...

'My son! You, a god, a god-'

Cale gasped.

'Father. That's not true. I don't know what you heard, but it is absolutely not true.'
'My son! Such strong denial is affirming-'
'That is not the case, father.'

Cale gasped once more after looking past Duke Deruth's face to see where he was at.

'...Is that so?'

His father, Duke Deruth, seemed to calm down a bit before as he stepped back from the video communication device and leaned back on the chair.

Cale could then see it.
He was in the great meeting room that was at the center of the Henituse Lord's Castle, the location where all vassals gathered together when something big happened.
Not just any meeting room but the great meeting room.

Cale became scared after seeing the chaotic gazes of the Henituse territory's vassals looking at him.
Furthermore, the rest of his family members other than young Lily were in the meeting room as well.
Right next to his father was Basen with a chaotic gaze and a shocked expression, but once he saw that even Duchess Violan's pupils were shaking...

Cale really thought that he was in big trouble.
He immediately started to speak.

'Father. Where did you hear such nonsense?'

Duke Deruth slowly raised his head to look at Cale after hearing Cale's question.

'Cale. The Henituse ears are all around the kingdom.'
'Then it hasn't spread elsewhere-'
'It hasn't spread, yes, but our informer indicated that it seems to be slowly spreading.'

Deruth then said that the palace at the capital probably already knew about the rumor.

'I think...it will probably spread past the Roan Kingdom and throughout the entire Western continent.'

Cale almost grabbed the back of his neck in shock after hearing that comment.

A regular hero and a hero who has received the will of a god were very different.
The level of reverence was different.
If a regular hero was enough to write a page or a chapter in the history books based on their merits, then a hero who has received the will of a god was enough to write an entire book thick with pages.

'Hyung-nim.'
'...What's up?'

Cale nervously looked toward Basen who cautiously started to speak.

'That, hyung-nim. Shouldn't there be no lies between family members?'
'...Yes?'
'Hyung-nim. Are you really not an envoy of a god-'
'No.'

Cale cut Basen off before he could even finish.

An envoy of a god?
Those were some extremely scary words.