Chapter 463 - It's What I want (4)

'Only look forward. I'll only look forward.'

Cale's shoulders were curled in as he focused on Hunter Bobe's back.

'I thought it was meant to sound like a lost loved one to bewitch you, so why is it not doing that to me?'

Cale did not get scared like this other than because of Ron or Choi Han. But he was extremely scared right now.

'This is weird.'

He did not see the snake's head nor its entire body because he turned his head back quickly, but the wiggling body of this large snake was much larger than Cale had expected.
Even the luster on the red scales was oddly bright.

'But that's not the issue.'

Cale was not scared because of the red scales nor the large body of the snake. He just felt fear as soon as he looked at it.

'Why is that?'

Cale started to frown as he had never felt something like this before.
The Super Rock chimed in at that moment.

– Someone will be bewitched. It will bewitch someone.

His voice was full of certainty and stiff unlike usual.

'Are you saying I will be bewitched?'
– No. You won't be bewitched. Absolutely not.

'What? I won't be bewitched? Why?'

However, the Super Rock did not answer Cale's question. It just quickly said something else instead.

– Anybody who is bewitched by that snake will die or try to kill someone.

There wasn't even an ounce of hesitation in his voice.

– You have a lot of people with you right now and each of them is strong. That shrewd snake who knows that will make the bewitched person kill someone. That is the way for it to cause more deaths. It will make the bewitched person crazy for blood.

'Is it like a cursed power or item that comes out in fantasy novels?'

– ...It's more than that. Be careful.

'Be careful of the snake?'

– No. Be careful of the sword of your bewitched ally.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh-

The moment he heard the snake move and the Super Rock's voice at the same time...

"Ugh!"

Cale suddenly felt his body being pulled back. Cale felt pain as the hand that pulled his shoulder was tightly grabbing on.

"What the? What is-"

Cale's eyes opened with and he shut his mouth. The invisible Raon followed by Beacrox with On and Hong in his arms should have been the order behind him.
However, he could see that the line had turned into a mess.

"Hey!"

Mercenary King Bud was shouting toward Cale. Cale couldn't hear because of the earplugs, but he quickly figured out the situation based on the shape of Bud's lips and the messed up line.

"Shit, Beacrox, that bastard!"

Cale pushed Bud's hand off his shoulder and headed toward Beacrox.

"Ah, damn it!"

Bud frowned at that before quickly rushing toward Hunter Bobe. He needed to grab Bobe who was disappearing into the fog.
Cale who was approaching Beacrox was stopped by someone. He turned his head to see Choi Han standing there. He was looking at Cale with a gaze that seemed to be saying, 'be safe.'