Chapter 535 - If you really want to (2)

The center of the Endable Kingdom.
The white castle.

As the name indicates, every part of the palace was white.
However, the reason this place was called the white castle was not simply because of its color.

The large sinkhole.
The inside of that pit was no longer just a sinkhole.

There were different floors with many different facilities.
However, all of the floors were created with a hole in the middle so that sunlight could reach all the way to the bottom.

'The sun falls right onto the white castle.'

Section 1 at the bottom of the sinkhole was the only floor with a central location, which was where the white castle was located.

'It is called the white castle because sunlight gathers here.'

Cale barely held himself back from chuckling.

The white castle.
The citizens of the Endable Kingdom found this place to be quite holy.

Cale found that to be funny.

'...The truth is that greed runs wild in this place.'

The grand assembly hall.
The White Star.
The people representing the first four noble households.
And the 96 noble awaiters.

There were 101 people present in this hall.

"Then we will move onto the next topic."

The Dark Elf old man. Count Mock was leading the meeting.
Cale had been getting a feel for the group during the past thirty minutes.

Count Mock started to speak at that moment.

"This is regarding changing the administrator for Section 7 and Section 9."

Cale could feel the atmosphere in the grand assembly hall change almost immediately.

The look in the eyes of all 96 noble awaiters changed after hearing that they were changing the administrator for a section.

'Heh.'

Cale lowered his head and started to frown to stop himself from laughing.

'96 noble awaiters. What an odd system.'

The grand assembly hall.
There was a high platform with a circular table and five chairs there.

Of course, one of those chairs was on a slightly higher platform and gave off a luxurious feel.
Naturally, that was the chair for the White Star.

The remaining four chairs were for the representatives of the first four nobles, and these five people sat at the center of the assembly hall.

'And the 96 of them get the floor.'

The 96 noble awaiters.
They were sitting on cushions on the grand assembly hall's floor looking up at the platform with the circular table.

Cale peeked toward the hall door.
He started to recall the things Solena told him on their way over one by one.

'The 96 noble awaiters consist of many different races and homelands. There are races without the darkness attribute, such as humans and Elves as well. However, they all have something in common.'

Solena had quietly whispered to Cale.

'They wish to become nobles. They desire for higher positions. That is why they quietly sit on the cold stone floor on a cushion even though they are all quite strong.'

Solena looked around even though they were inside a carriage before telling Cale even quieter.

'Young master-nim. They all have different reasons they desire to become nobles. Of them-'
'It's fine.'
'Excuse me?'
'I don't need to know their reasons. I'm not interested in it.'