Chapter 486 - Peeling layer after layer (3)

"...What about my ancestor?"
"...I said that he was a criminal?"

'Is there something wrong with my ears?'

Alberu looked not majestic at all as he stuck his finger into his ear.

"I think something's blocking my ears."
"Ah. Then should I explain more clearly?"
"No need. My ancestor was a criminal, haha. How could I hear such nonsense?! Hahaha-"
"Your highness, you heard correctly."
"Hmm?"
"Huh?"

Cale and Alberu blankly stared at each other again.
The two of them were silent for a while. Alberu soon started to frown.

"This is probably the most shocking thing I've heard in a while!"
"...Is that so?"
"Is that so?!"

Alberu started to frown even more.

'I was planning on telling him about the royal family's secret and talk about if I deserved to be king... So, what the f*ck is up with this nonsense?'

He had decided to share this secret with Cale Henituse.
He was pretty much the head of the Crossman household already as he had the seal, but King Zed Crossman had seriously opposed his decision.
Alberu had ignored that opposition and brought Cale here.

Cale must have asked about information on the Crossman Royal family because he thought it might be useful to fight against the White Star.
Alberu knew this as well and wanted to help him defeat the White Star.
However, there was another reason as well.

'...My weakness.'

His actions today were pretty much showing Cale Henituse his weakness.

First was the royal family's weakness.
The Crossman Royal family was said to have received the blessing and protection of the Sun God. However, looking deeper into it, it was a curse rather than a blessing.
The Crossman Royal family's power and fame would fall to the ground if this was revealed.

The second was his weakness.
The fact that he had Dark Elf blood and the darkness attribute inside him. According to the curse, someone who should never become the head of the Crossman household had tricked the family into becoming the head.

Alberu was able to reveal these two secrets and weaknesses because it was Cale.

'Because he realized what I was.'

This bastard was someone who had recognized that he was quarter Dark Elf but had no negative feelings about them.
This bastard was someone who helped him.
This bastard was similar to him.
That was why he had brought Cale Henituse here today with a heavy heart.

But-

'He's speaking nonsense?'

He had thought Cale had a screw loose quite often, but Alberu could not stop frowning. He started to speak almost as if he was sighing.

"You see those words on the boulder?"
"Yes, sir. I can?"

'Ah, this bastard.'

Alberu held back his anger and continued to speak.

"That boulder is the only record of the Crossman household other than the orally passed down information."

Alberu focused on one sentence on the boulder.

< The moment a person with that darkness becomes the head of the household, the sky will be destroyed, and the ground will tremble. >

"It says the world will turn to chaos if someone with darkness becomes the king of the Roan Kingdom or the head of the Crossman household."
"I guess so."

'What?'

Alberu was at a loss for words after hearing Cale agree with it so easily.
He then realized something.