Chapter 558 - Pretty Useless Bastard (4)

Jang Man Soo could only respond in one way to Kim Rok Soo's comment.

"Y, you're lying......!"

He then quickly added on.

"N, no! Rok Soo, I'm not saying you're lying about having an ability! It's great if you got an ability! You're qualified to get one! But, that-"

He could not speak properly. He then continued to speak after seeing Kim Rok Soo's firm gaze.

"...Knowing people's abilities and the future...it's hard to believe that such an ability exists."

Jang Man Soo said that and then lowered his head for a moment.

He then raised it back, looked at Kim Rok Soo's gaze, and sighed.

"...You're being serious."

Kim Rok Soo's gaze did not seem as if he was lying.

"I guess that you aren't the type to lie."

Jang Man Soo didn't know what else to say. Of course, there were a lot of things he wanted to say.

In fact, he had too many things he wanted to say.

'He figured out my ability? Did he awaken an ability that lets him know other people's abilities? No.'

That would not explain everything.

'He also prophesized the future.'

He said that the central shelter would be destroyed soon.

'He guessed my ability correctly, so there's a good chance he's telling the truth about the central shelter too.'

He was living life day by day without thinking much about it, but that was why Jang Man Soo had been able to observe the people in this shelter while sitting off to one side.

'Kim Rok Soo is not the type of person to lie about something that involves people's lives.'

If he was to do something like that, then it would have to be someone else wearing Kim Rok Soo's skin.

"...Are you really Kim Rok Soo?"
"Hey mister, do you want me to say the things you say when you sleep? Or maybe you want me to imitate your snoring?"
"Ahem. I guess you really are Kim Rok Soo based on how you are nagging me like that."

Jang Man Soo continued to sigh in disbelief.

"...Haaa."

He looked toward Cale with a complicated expression.

"...The cent-"

Jang Man Soo stopped midsentence and looked around. Everybody seemed to be doing their work as nobody was paying any attention to them.

He continued to speak quieter and stealthier than Kim Rok Soo had done.

"The central shelters are really going to end up like that?"
"Yes."

The response was simple.

Jang Man Soo's lips started to shake.

He was thinking about the terrible scene that would play out if the central shelter was destroyed.

Pat.

Cale then put a hand on Jang Man Soo's shoulder.

"Hey, mister. Please help me."

Jang Man Soo was necessary for this task.

"...I probably won't be much help-"
"That's not true. Mister, you still don't know the strength of your ability."