Chapter 468 - Did you have to take everything? (4)

"What is that?"

The approaching Tasha looked toward the badge in Cale's hand.

"The Henituse badge."
"...It doesn't look like such a normal item though?"

She had never seen a badge vibrate like this. An item that did not give off any sense of magic or Elemental powers vibrating on its own like this was naturally eye-catching.
Tasha could see Cale start to smile at that moment.

Smirk.

The corners of the lips that leisurely went up seemed full of mischief.

"Why, do you want it?"
"No. I absolutely, definitely, do not want it."

Tasha had gotten rid of all interest in the badge the moment she saw Cale's smile.
Cale looked at her for a moment before turning back to the badge.
It was very difficult for others to identify any powers that were sealed with the 'Embrace' ability. In fact, it was close to impossible.
Cale shook the badge slightly as if to tell it to stop vibrating before putting it in his inner pocket and speaking to Tasha, Mary, and the Dark Elves around him.

"This is a bomb, a bomb. A time bomb."
"...A time bomb?"
"Yes. It is currently ripening."

Mary immediately took a step away from Cale.
Cale looked toward her as he had not expected this reaction, and the GPS-like voice started to speak from under the black hood.

"Young master-nim, I heard you telling the great and mighty Raon-nim to either run away from or beat down and destroy dangerous things."
"That's right!"

Raon who was no longer invisible clapped his two front paws together to agree with him.

"You must either run away from or beat down and destroy dangerous things as good Mary said!"
"That's right. I believe that is correct. I could not beat you down and destroy you, young master-nim, so I stepped back."

Cale could not see Mary's face underneath the hood, but he responded with a blank expression after hearing her oddly satisfied voice.

"......I see. Thank you."
"It was nothing."

Cale, who had temporarily been at a loss for words because of Mary, flinched.

Lalalala-

He heard a child's voice.
He stuck a finger in his ear to clean it out.

"Why is there such a cute singing in this cold place?"

Lalalala-

The cute child's voice echoed from all directions.

"...Is there something like that snake here too?!"
"Meeeeeow!"
"Meeow!"
"It's a weird noise! We must cover our ears!"

Beacrox quickly covered his ears in shock while the children averaging nine-years-old looked around.
The Underground City was empty after the humans and the Dark Elves who could not fight had evacuated. The water was still flowing and the green plants were visible around them, but it had a cold and odd feeling.

Hearing a child's singing in such an environment made the group who had been shocked because of the red snake tensely look around.
It was at that moment.

"It's the alarm."

Mary answered calmly like a GPS.

"We made it so that an alarm would go off throughout the Underground City thirty minutes before the dead mana smoke starts to rise in the desert."

Cale could see Beacrox's face turning as red as gochujang. He wanted to compare it to a better-known comparison like a tomato, but his face that instantly turned red reminded him more of gochujang.
He quietly walked over to Choi Han and whispered in his ear.