Chapter 538 - If you really want to (5)

Count Mock's gaze moved to the document that was slowly being opened on the table.

'Precious information?'

He looked away from the document and looked at Cale. Cale felt his gaze and raised his head as Mock started to speak to him.

"...The Duke does something like this?"
"Of course. There is a reason he is the Duke."

'Ho!'

Mock barely managed to hold himself from scoffing out loud.

"Is there anyone who knows about this?"
"The fact that he is collecting information like this?"
"Yes."

Mock subconsciously tensed up.
But the boy casually answered as if it wasn't much.

"How would there be anybody who knows?"

Mock tightly clenched onto the armrests after hearing that nonchalant response.

'I didn't think Duke Fredo would be gathering information in secret like this without even reporting it to his majesty!'

Based on how he said that it was top secret information, there was a whole system set up to divide the information up by value or importance.
Mock knew that Duke Fredo was the strongest physically among the first four nobles.

'But I thought that he was just an eccentric individual whose thoughts I couldn't predict but that he was still loyal to his majesty!'

Mock could not hide his shock at this newly gained knowledge.
He then started to think.

'...I guess these kinds of things need to be done to rise to the Duke position.'

The veins on the back of his wrists were clearly visible as he continued to clench on the armrests.

Mock's gaze shook as he looked back at the document. His gaze was filled with self-reflection at the fact that he had not gathered information in this matter and that he should do so in the future.
Furthermore, there was also a strong desire that doing so would allow him to rise to the Duke position as well.

'My goodness, he lives such a complicated life.'

Cale confirmed Mock's status before smiling internally.

Shhh.

The document containing top-secret information finally opened all the way.

"Please take a look."

Count Mock leaned forward and focused on the document after hearing Cale's statement.

< 1. The location suspected of being Cale Henituse's base. >

"Cale Henituse's base......?"

Mock immediately looked back at Cale. The boy smiled and motioned with his hand.

"Please keep reading."

Mock turned back toward the document.

"Count-nim. You should read all the red words first."

There were a lot of things written on the document, but the red words were quite eye-catching and Mock started to read them first, as Cale had mentioned.

< The Forest of Darkness, one of the Forbidden Regions that exists in the Roan Kingdom's Henituse territory. >

< The families of Cale Henituse's friends are confirmed to be living there. Determined to be a black castle located at the center of the Forest of Darkness. (Confirmed in the air.) >

< Security is quite tight because the Tiger tribe and others usually reside there. >

The Henituse territory.
It was a place that any of the Endable Kingdom's chief executives have heard about at least once, no, many times.
It was Cale Henituse's hometown as well as where the northern Indomitable Alliance's first plans failed.