Chapter 483 - Follow Me (6)

Cale found it shocking that the Elves had tried to destroy the fake World Tree once already.

'I never even thought about it.'

He never imagined something like that could have happened without his knowledge. Adite seemed to have anticipated this thought and quickly started to speak.

"Young master-nim, after we asked you to visit the village......"

She started quickly, but soon trailed off. Cale, who realized the reason, soon started to speak.

"I was a bit late."

Cale was busy and had not been able to visit right away when the World Tree had asked him to come.

"Yes, sir. We couldn't just sit back and wait, so we attempted to take it down since we had a large group of Elves."

Elves were quite difficult enemies because they were strong and could handle Elementals.
Furthermore, every Elf Village had a Guardian Elf that formed militias to protect the village.

The Molden Kingdom.
Their task was to sneak into one of the Eastern continent's strongest kingdoms, but it should not have been very hard.

At least, that was what the Elves had thought.

"We managed to get near that area by following the directions the World Tree-nim gave us."
"Where is that area?"
"...The palace in the Molden Kingdom's capital."
"And you failed?"
"Yes, sir."

Adite gripped the map a little tighter.
Cale flinched at the vicious-looking grip as Adite recalled the past and continued to speak.

"The fake World Tree. We could not get near the place where the new World Tree was being created."
"Why not?"
"We were stopped by dead mana liquid."

Dead mana liquid existed around the new World Tree so that the Elves could not get inside.

"As you know, Elves are extremely weak against dead mana."

Cale nodded his head.
That was the reason the Elves were almost defeated by Arm in the Ten Finger Mountains as well.
The Elves would have lost against the tamer and the dead mana he spread with his controlled animals if Cale and his group had not shown up.

Cale opened his mouth to speak.

"You need my help because of the dead mana."
"That is correct. Young master-nim, you played a huge role in the Ten Finger Mountains in the past and you also have Miss Necromancer by your side, and..."

Adite looked past the place where the World Tree was located.

"...I heard you were close with the Dark Elves as well."

Elves and Dark Elves did not get along.
It was because the Dark Elves needed the thing that was the Elves' weakness.

"Of course, we plan on rewarding Miss Necromancer and the Dark Elves as much as possible as well if they will help us. Your other group members as well."

Cale looked toward Adite with an amazed gaze.
Elves were not the type to ask others for help like this. Especially toward races like necromancers and Dark Elves that were related to dead mana.

'That's how important this is to them.'

The World Tree and Elementals.
These two things were extremely important to the Elves. The World Tree gave them a home and the Elementals who lived peaceful lives thanks to the World Tree were the Elves' close friends and a source of their strength.

Shhhhhhh-

Cale could see the leaves of the trees around the World Tree starting to shake.
He couldn't chat with the World Tree because he had removed his hand, but it seemed to be asking him for help.