Chapter 516 - Late (1)

"...My goodness."

Rosalyn peeked toward Duke Fredo with a, 'what kind of nonsense is this?' type of expression without any awkwardness after not seeing everyone for a while.

She then asked Cale a question out of concern.

"I'm surprised that your blood is delicious for the Vampires, young master Cale. Why is that the case?"
"...I wonder why?"

Cale awkwardly answered back but he had a theory about it.

'Is it because of the Vitality of the Heart?'

That was the only reasonable explanation he could come up with.
Cale slowly turned away from Rosalyn and looked toward Duke Fredo.
Rosalyn looked toward the Vampire as well.

Fredo continued to smile as he looked at the two of them.
He then quietly spoke, almost in a whisper, in a low voice.

"Your conversation is cute."

Rosalyn and Cale both started to frown as if they had eaten an unripe fruit.
However, the two of them did not have time to respond in any other way.

Duuuduuduuu-

The rumbling was getting closer.
The rumbling seemed to be coming from a spot much closer than last time.

'We need to go!'

It was time to move.

Cale started to speak.

"You said that you want to make a deal with me?"
"Yes."
"Really?"

Pan started to frown and look toward Cale who asked once more.

'Is he really planning on working together with that person? ...But he's the leader of the bastards who killed our Brigade members.'

Pan felt anger inside. However, he kept that anger inside him.

There were no allies and enemies in war.
There were times people who were killing each other would find a common enemy to become allies.

Pan just found it difficult to understand Cale who was acting like this.

'The enemies are charging toward us from behind. Do we have the time for this?'

It happened as he subconsciously started to pout and his mouth almost opened to say something.

Duke Fredo looked toward Cale and calmly responded.

"Yes. I truly want to make a deal with you."
"I can't trust you."

The allies looked toward Cale who sternly responded.
Many of them were showing their anxiousness at Cale who was wasting time with this conversation.

Cale pointed behind him at that moment.

"Show me proof that you mean it."

Fredo started to smile.

"Are you telling me to attack my allies right now?"
"That's for you to figure out. I will accept your invitation later if you show me some kind of proof that I can trust you."

Duke Fredo lightly chuckled and asked while looking at a relaxed Cale.

"You won't accept the deal but just the invitation?"

The corners of Cale's lips twisted up.

"Why are you asking such an obvious question? Isn't it more than enough for me to hear out the bastard who killed my allies?"

Pan's eyes clouded over.
On the other hand, Duke Fredo thought for a moment before nodding his head.

"Mm. I guess that makes sense, but I cannot fight against my allies right now."