Chapter 462 - It's What I want (3)

Cale had teleported with the others to arrive here.
This was the stone mountain they had seen on the map called 'Nake Mountain.'
Cale recalled the conversation he had with Taylor before coming here.

'Mm, what business do you have there......?'

Taylor Stan who had learned about their destination as he watched them leave sounded concerned.
Taylor had tricked the White Star using keywords such as the Land of Death and treasure, but he couldn't understand why Taylor, who didn't know about the earth attribute ancient power, would sound concerned.

'Is there something fishy I don't know about? Or, is there some sort of problem?'

Cale cautiously asked Taylor.

'Is there a reason I shouldn't go there?'

He needed to talk things out with Taylor in order to make sure that there were no problems as he would be moving around the Stan territory.

'No. There's no reason you cannot go there, young master-nim. There's nowhere in the Stan territory that you cannot go. However...'

Taylor hesitated for a moment before quietly asking with an awkward smile on his face.

'You know about the legend of Nake Mountain, right?'
'Are you talking about the story of the snake?'
'Mm, even I do not know if that legend is true or not. But you see... This is a bit...'

Taylor continued to speak with an awkward expression as if it was difficult to say.

'W, we have people go missing at that mountain every year. And you cannot teleport on that mountain.'
'Excuse me? You can't teleport?'
'Yes. You can't grab the coordinates of that location.'

A mage would need to gather the coordinates with magic to go from point A to Nake Mountain.
However, Nake Mountain was a place where they could not use magic to grab the coordinates.

'Furthermore, it is covered in fog, so you'll need to go with an experienced hunter.'

Taylor left for a moment before returning with a list of famous hunters around Nake Mountain and cautiously started to speak again.

'I don't know why exactly you are going there, but I'm sure it is to protect the Western continent from that villain.'

Taylor who grabbed both of Cale's hands looked toward Cale with respect and admiration.

'Please return safely.'

Cale awkwardly smiled at Taylor's comment that was full of both respect and concern before the conversation ended as they left.

And now...
Cale who had teleported to the village closest to Nake Mountain felt awkward as he listened to the old man who was said to be the most experienced and wisest hunter.

"Anyway, I'm acting like this because you all look so young! Mr. Bob, I don't know what it's for, but don't go to that cursed mountain! Hmm?"
"Senior, is there nothing that can be done?"

Hunter Bobe wanted to help this young merchant named Bob whose name was similar to his.

"Aigoo. I, Bobe, want to help you, Mr. Bob, especially since we have such similar names. It's just that this is a dangerous time right now."

He pointed behind his house.
His house that was at the farthest part of the village was right outside the fog-covered Nake Mountain.

"Half of the people who go into that damn mountain end up dying."

Mercenary King Bud who had been quiet started to speak.

"But sir, doesn't that mean the other half lived?"
"That's because they went when the fog was not there, you naive young man!"