Chapter 594 - Before the sun comes up (6)

"The monster is going to attack through the subway?"
"...We would have been screwed if we didn't know about it."

The subway. The people in the room repeated that word in their minds.

This meeting room was the size of an indoor gymnasium.

Cale started to speak again.

"The Electric Eel... That monster will use the subway to travel close to Seomyeon before showing itself and attacking the Seomyeon shelter."
"Something seems weird."

Someone raised their hand at that moment.

It was Jo Min Yeh, the Jeonnam representative.

"What is weird?"

She responded to Cale's question.

"I don't know the situation at Busan, but I'm certain that most of the subway tunnels are destroyed and full of debris. There should be many paths that are impossible for it to cross."

Jo Min Yeh looked toward Heo Sook Ja who was next to Cale.

Heo Sook Ja nodded her head.

"That's right. Our Seomyeon shelters rescue team members have checked out the subway tunnels, and although none of them are fully blocked, many of them are at least partially destroyed."

"But this monster is still able to stealthily cross through those paths to get to Seomyeon?"

Jo Min Yeh shook her head.

She then looked back toward Cale and continued to speak.

"I was expecting a large monster as it is an unranked monster, but I guess it is smaller than I expected."

Flutter.

They heard wings fluttering at that moment.

Most of the people inside this auditorium-like meeting room peeked toward the direction.

"What are you looking at?"

The Steel Feather Hawk glared at them as she fluttered her wings.

The different representatives had a thought on their minds as they looked at her.

'He said that this monster was a Grade 1 monster. Even this monster would not be able to properly cross through the subway tunnels.'

'He said that the unranked monsters were incomprehensible and incomparable to Grade 1 monsters. It must be much smaller than we expected.'

The Steel Feather Hawk could not cross through the subway tunnels because of her wings.

"Ahem. That unranked monster is not small."

Kang Il-Rae, the Jeonbuk representative coughed as he interjected.

"It might be smaller than what we all expected, but the subway tunnels are not small."

He peeked toward Cale as he continued to speak.

"And our Commander-nim over here..."

He pointed toward Cale with both hands.

Jo Min Yeh, who had been sitting next to Kang Il-Rae during Cale's speech, chuckled at Kang Il-Rae's demeanor, but Kang Il-Rae feigned ignorance as he continued to speak.

"According to what our Commander-nim mentioned, the monster's name is the Electric Eel. It is probably like a snake in that it may have a small body, but it wouldn't be small if it was extremely long, would it?"

That made sense.

Ki Hee Ran, the Chungbuk representative, started to speak.

"And the monster's size is not important; the main thing to worry about is its destructive force."