Chapter 530 - Mountain after mountain (3)

Cale lifted his index finger and pointed at himself.

"Me..."

He then pointed toward the black bird.

"... And you are friends?"

The black bird's eyes curled up.

Shaaaaaaaaaaaa-

Cale flinched after seeing a black aura filling the room.

Crackle!

The black bird suddenly cracked into pieces. Once those pieces disappeared...

Plop.

Duke Fredo in his child's form gently stepped down on the ground. He then looked up at Cale and started to speak.

"Of course we are friends. Actually, it'd be fine to call us brothers too."

Smile.

The boy started to smile. For being a child's smile, there was a sense of cruelty visible in it. His innocent voice filled the room.

"Yes, brothers might be a better expression. Doesn't brothers sound good since we are people who will share blood?"

'This crazy bastard!'

Step.

Cale took a step toward Duke Fredo.

Clang!

"Mm!"

Cale then took a step back in shock. Cale looked toward the sparkling silver item.

Drip.

Red blood dripped down the sword touching Duke Fredo's skin. The silver light Cale had seen was the blade of a sword.

He looked at the sword touching Duke Fredo's neck. He then slowly moved his gaze to the owner of the sword.

'... So vicious!'

There were no emotions visible on Choi Han's face as he held the sword against Duke Fredo's neck.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not in a good mood right now. It'd be best to stop with the nonsense."

Choi Han's voice sounded calm but firm.

'But his tone is still innocent!'

Cale thought that it was the same innocent Choi Han, but he could tell that Choi Han was seriously angry.

'... This is nice. '

Cale found it nice to see Choi Han baring his fangs at someone he found to be annoying instead of him. Cale was thinking that Choi Han was very good at dealing with crazy people like Clopeh and now this guy.

"That's right! Hey, Vampire! Our human's blood is not tasty! Don't drink it!"

Even Raon revealed himself at that moment and viciously glared at Duke Fredo. Cale smiled with satisfaction while walking toward these two black beings.

– A wise decision, Cale. You will faint for a long time if you use an ancient power one more time in your current state. That's why you should stick next to strong individuals like them until you get to rest a day or two.

The Super Rock praised Cale as if he was satisfied with Cale's decision.

– Cale, very sly of you to take advantage of the people around you.

Cale ignored the Super Rock's comments and sat down on the chair next to Choi Han.

He then started to speak toward Duke Fredo.

"Why did you suddenly come looking for me like this?"
"I'd appreciate it if you'd move this sword away first."

Cale looked toward Choi Han after hearing Fredo's comment and Choi Han finally withdrew his sword and stood next to Cale.