Chapter 526 - I'm just a regular human being! (3)

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah–

Cale peeked to his side as the cheering continued.

'...Aigoo.'

Alberu had a benign smile on his face while warmly looking at the citizens.
Choi Han who was carrying the crown prince had a warm gaze as well.

"Cough!"

Alberu lightly coughed at that moment and another chunk of black blood spurted out of his mouth.
The cheering instantly stopped and silence filled the area.

"Your highness! You must return to the castle immediately!"

The Knight Captain who had been quietly standing behind them approached Alberu.

"I'm okay."
"...Your highness!"

Cale, who peeked toward Alberu as the Knight Captain looked on with an upset expression, had noticed something.

'He really seems to be okay.'

Alberu had not looked well until a moment ago but seemed better after he coughed up that black blood just now.
However, the rest of the people did not think that Alberu was telling the truth.

Alberu had a faint smile on his face as he continued to speak.

"How can I return to the castle when there are citizens of our Kingdom imprisoned here?"
"...Your highness."
"I will only feel relaxed once I see all of them released."

The Knight Captain understood the crown prince's desire.
He quickly ordered the knights.

"What are you all doing? Did you not hear his highness? Hurry up and open the cages!"
"Yes, sir!"
"Aye aye, captain!"

The knights quickly ran toward the cages on the carriages.

The Knight Captain wanted to join them, but he could not leave the injured crown prince behind.

"I will be here."

He turned his head after hearing a low voice only to see Cale standing with a calm expression next to Choi Han, who was carrying Alberu.
He motioned with his eyes for the Knight Captain to hurry up and join the others.

"...Thank you very much, young master-nim."

The Knight Captain subconsciously spoke respectfully to Cale who had dropped his Commander rank after the war against the Indomitable Alliance.

'He's standing by his highness's side even when he is so tired......'

He bowed to the three of them before running toward the knights who were headed to the cages.
Cale quietly watched him go.

"Why don't you join him?"
"I am tired."

He gently shot down the crown prince's question.
The knights who had arrived at the cages first looked around the cages that were locked.

"All of the keys are here!"
"There is a key in the driver's seat!"

The keys seemed to have been placed in easy-to-spot locations on purpose.
They couldn't understand the enemies' intentions, but the knights grabbed the keys and unlocked the cages.

Click! Click!

The cages holding the residents from the Stan territory and the nearby area were unlocked.
The citizens cautiously exited the cages under the knights' guide.
They seemed relieved and happy once again after stepping on the ground.

Screeeech-

They heard the castle gate opening at that moment.
Everybody looked toward the open castle gate.