Chapter 541 - Did you miss me? (3)

Cale looked at the portrait as he touched his face with his hand.
He looked like Naru right now, but he was thinking about his past appearance.

"...We do look similar, right?"

The person in the portrait looked oddly similar to Kim Rok Soo.

Hair color, eye color, nose, facial structure...
Everything was different, however, for some odd reason, the overall feel of the face was almost identical to Kim Rok Soo.
He looked like Kim Rok Soo with different hair and eye colors and slightly thicker eyes, nose, ears, and mouth.

Cale turned toward Choi Han.

"...Yes, he does seem very similar. I've seen your face."

Choi Han agreed without any hesitation.

He recalled how Kim Rok Soo had looked in Choi Jung Soo's memories.
The White Star's portrait reminded him of exactly when Kim Rok Soo had been in his early twenties.

"That's right. You've seen my face."

Cale looked back at the portrait.

"Cale-nim. Do you think that this is a coincidence?"

Cale could not respond to Choi Han's question right away.

November 8th was an important date for a lot of people already.
Then there was how Kim Rok Soo and the White Star looked and felt similar.
Furthermore, the White Star and Cale Henituse's hair and eyes were similar in color.

'All of us also have some sort of relationship with the God of Death.'

Cale sighed after suddenly having a thought.

'If Choi Jung Soo had come here as the God of Death originally intended instead of me, Choi Jung Soo would have found it quite difficult after seeing the White Star's face.'

Based on Choi Jung Soo's personality, he would have been shaken after seeing the White Star's face.
However Cale, well, Kim Rok Soo, was not as soft.

Especially when it came to dealing with himself.
It didn't matter whether their faces looked similar.

"I don't give a shit whether it was a coincidence or inevitability."

Raon who had been focused on Choi Han and Cale shouted energetically at that moment.

"Human, I don't think Fredo felt that way!"
"Why?"
"Fredo had written something underneath where he placed your portrait and the White Star's portrait side by side!"
"What did he write?"

Raon had a stiff expression as he sternly repeated the words.

"Coincidences happening over and over must mean that they were inevitable."
"Hmm."

Choi Han quietly groaned.
Raon and Choi Han both heard Cale's firm voice at that moment.

"What bullshit about inevitability when even fate can be changed."

The corners of Cale's lips started to twist as multiple emotions roared inside him.

Lee Soo Hyuk and Choi Jung Soo had died instead of Kim Rok Soo who was supposed to die.
Fate could be changed.

As someone who was the result of a changed fate, Kim Rok Soo didn't care about inevitabilities nor fate since he just had to change it again.
He just had to change it in a way he thought was right.

"Human, something is weird."
"That's true."

He nonchalantly responded to Choi Han and Raon who seemed worried about him.

"There's no need to think that it is weird. Just continue doing what we've been doing."
"...But."

Choi Han could not let it go as easily as Cale had done.