Chapter 492 - Do you hear a dog barking somewhere? (4)

Cale looked toward Jopis.
She looked at Bud and the aura surrounding him before moving her hand.

'Mm!'

Cale's eyes sparkled as he saw where her hand was moving.

Shamans and Illusionists.
They all had a medium.
Tiger shaman Gashan used his staff as a medium when chanting incantations. Then, what would Jopis's medium be?

Shhh-

Her hair that had been twisted up was released.
At the same time, the hairpin that was now between her fingers started to shoot out a purple light.

Swoooosh-

The rope binding Bud released once that purple light shot out.

"My medium is a secret."

That was all Jopis said before elegantly twisting her hair up again.
Cale looked at the wooden hairpin in her hair for a moment before turning back toward Bud.

"Bud."

Glenn had gotten rid of the dogs at some point and was approaching Bud.
The puppies were quietly sitting in a corner of the room looking around as if they realized the atmosphere.

"Glenn, please explain it to Cale."

Bud motioned toward Cale who was looking at him with his chin before crossing his arms and closing his eyes.

"Before that, we need to first-"
"Glenn."

Bud called out to the anxious Glenn and continued in a low voice.

"Explain to Cale. I have to think for a bit."

Seeing him like that made Glenn turn to look toward Cale who added on.

"Short and snappy."
"Yes, I understand."

Glenn looked toward Jopis who put her index finger up against her lips.

"I am very good at knowing what I should mention and should not mention to others."

Glenn immediately started to speak after hearing her saying she would keep a secret.

"We decided that regular scouts would not be able to investigate properly because the Eastern continent's northern region has rough terrains and cold weather."

They were also going there to investigate Arm's secret base and the Gate to the Demon World that was even more mysterious.

"That was why we sent all 1,001 members of the Ranger Brigade."

They were very important people for the Mercenaries Guild.

"This is a brigade that consists of specialists who are able to quickly adjust to any terrain and weather. Their fighting prowess is also beyond normal 1,000 men units and similar to the level of a 1,000 man Knights Brigade."

Choi Han interjected into the conversation.

"Is it possible for people that strong to all go missing at once?"

He looked shocked.

"Are you sure it is not an issue with communication?"
"There's no way."

The person who sternly responded to Choi Han and shook his head was Mercenary King Bud Illis.
He still had his eyes closed.

"10 minutes."

Cale looked toward Bud.

"The 1,000 men Ranger Brigade is divided into 10 teams of 100 people. Those 100 person teams are then divided into squads of 10 people as well."