Chapter 550 - You should have watched your back (4)

The white castle that was located at the center of the sinkhole and the only place that received direct sunlight in the Endable Kingdom.

The White Star who was looking out from the highest point in that castle started to speak.

"Looks like everyone is enjoying themselves."

He then turned and looked toward a video communication device.

– My liege!

Dark Elf Count Mock was visible on the screen with a stiff expression on his face.

He seemed to be in a section of the forest as he started to speak in a low but confident voice.

– It looks like we will be able to conquer Cale Henituse's base soon!
"You're working hard."

Count Mock was still busy looking around him rather than at the White Star as he continued to speak.

– We don't see the Tigers here, as I confirmed in my information.
"I see."

The White Star noticed that Count Mock was not saying anything and just quietly looking at him after hearing his reaction.

The White Star laughed internally seeing the slightly nervous and desperate gaze.

'I guess he really wants me to approve of his merits.'

The White Star held back a sigh as he started to speak with a serious expression.

"Work hard. I trust you."
– T, thank you very much!

Count Mock did his best to smile before bowing to the White Star.

"Then I'm hanging up now."
– ...Yes, sir.

The video communication device was immediately turned off.

The White Star looked toward the deactivated video communication device and started to speak.

"His face was quite stiff."

Chief Priest Marquis Gersey who had been in the corner started to smile.

"He is probably nervous about achieving great merits and moving up to a higher position, my lord."
"I guess that's true. Count Mock is extremely greedy for title and power."

The White Star started to shake his head.

"He needs to be more relaxed."

He then looked toward the Chief Priest.

"Gersey, how about you relax a bit too? You can't have any fun just staying here. Why don't you go out and enjoy the festival?"
"That's okay, sire. I can't really relax and enjoy the festival right now."
"I guess that's true. You and your people are extremely busy right now."

Each demonic temple had to hand out a lot of things to the citizens during the festival.

Furthermore, many of the citizens came to visit the temples and look around.

That was why the priests were busier than usual right now.

Gersey started to speak after seeing the White Star's gaze that seemed to be asking if it was okay that he was here when it was such a busy time.

"I left the festival-related tasks with the Deputy Chief Priest so that I can slack off like this."
"Ha! The Deputy Chief Priest will be upset if she hears that."
"Hahaha, do you think so, sire? But I'm just so full of anticipation. I can't focus on anything else right now."

Gersey smiled brightly.

"I am extremely looking forward to the true day of the festival."

The White Star's gaze sunk down.