Chapter 459 - Returned (5)

'Why do I need to live?'

The Dragon half-blood wanted to ask Cale but could not do so.

Baaaaaang! Baaaaang!

The black spears were still destroying places inside the secret base. This chaotic situation did not provide any time to ask such questions.
Furthermore, he could not have any other thoughts while looking at those black spears.
His mind turned into a complicated mess.

'Destroy that egg.'

The White Star's order from the past stabbed at his ears like needles.
The moment the Dragon half-blood was born as a chimera, the White Star had pointed to the black egg and mumbled in a half-laughing way.

'Destroy it, and you can eat it if you want. That would be quite an entertaining sight too.'

The extremely deep underground cave with no light whatsoever.
There was a black egg next to the Dragon half-blood who was chained up in this cave and desperately waited for the White Star to return each time with the hope that he could receive the White Star's approval.
One day, the White Star noticed the gently placed black egg in one side of the cave and chuckled.

'You still haven't destroyed it? I was clear with my orders. I want you to personally destroy that egg. Got it?'

The Dragon half-blood had nodded his head and said that he would one day destroy the egg.
Once he could leave the cave and see the world according to the White Star's orders, he used a small opening he found to give an order to the mage Redika.

'I just need to throw that egg away?'
'Yes. Go to the Western continent and throw it away there. However, you must not destroy it. You absolutely must not destroy it. Just throw it away in a cave in a clean forest with a good breeze or something. Also, put an illusion spell there so that nothing can enter that cave. Set some traps as well. Also...'

He hesitated before adding in.

'Let me know the location of it in the future if I ask you for it.'

The Dragon half-blood recalled how Redika had looked at him with an odd expression at that time. This was the first time Redika had asked a question about the Dragon half-blood's orders.

'...Isn't that hiding it instead of throwing it away? Are you telling me to protect it?'
'Protect it?'

The Dragon half-blood had laughed at that word. Who was he to protect anything? And what was that black egg for him to protect it?
The black egg was like an ornament he had placed in a corner of the cave. Why would he place any type of meaning to it?

If he threw it away... It would hatch on its own if he threw it away in a mountain cave that was high in mana.
It was the lord's child and a Dragon, so it would grow on its own. It would be able to find its own way to survive if Redika placed illusion spells outside the cave so that enemies could not harm it either.

He couldn't have such a chance because he was not thrown away, however, in return for being thrown away, that black egg would earn that opportunity. In that case, wouldn't they be in similar situations?

'Redika, do not interpret my words however you feel. Got it?'

The Dragon half-blood had spoken as if he was scolding Redika who continued to look at the black egg with an odd expression before nodding his head.

'I understand, sir.'
'This is a secret between the two of us. Got it?'
'Yes sir, I understand.'

The word secret made Redika's eyes glow and give off an odd sense of madness, but the Dragon half-blood had not noticed it.
As someone who had not experienced the world at that time, the Dragon half-blood could only trust Redika who was loyal to him.
Many years had passed since then and he had forgotten about it.
It was because Redika was dead.